SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Bearded1mx3
Bearded1mx3 will become famous soon enough

Default Help!!!! I lost my keys!!!!

So I lost me car keys again. Last time I was gonna change the lock cylinder. The key that came with the new cylinder was able to turn and start the car with a little jiggle. Well lost my keys again. New keys I got no luck. No matter how much I jiggle it ain't turning that lock cylinder. Problem is I know I have to turn it to ACC to pull it out. Any tips or tricks need to fix asap...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bearded1mx3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bearded1mx3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bearded1mx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is a glorious beacon of lightbillr is a glorious beacon of lightbillr is a glorious beacon of lightbillr is a glorious beacon of lightbillr is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Help!!!! I lost my keys!!!!

What year? It may help to know if this has any anti-theft crap involved with the lock. Call a lock-smith or dig the cylinder out with a grinder/drill/whatever. Yeah, both of those ain't cheap or easy, but can be fairly quick.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #3
jpsuli
jpsuli is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr View Post
What year? It may help to know if this has any anti-theft crap involved with the lock. Call a lock-smith or dig the cylinder out with a grinder/drill/whatever. Yeah, both of those ain't cheap or easy, but can be fairly quick.
His previous posts make me believe it was a 97 SL1 Manual.

'97 Saturn SL2 @ 134k

Breakin' stuff as we go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpsuli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpsuli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpsuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

The bunch of bureaucratic geniuses who decreed that the lock cylinder belongs on the column instead of the dash have caused a world of grief and accomplished little.

That lock is not hard to drill but it does require detailed knowledge and tools, that means the automotive locksmith in the truck that comes to you. If they are really good they can get it out without drilling it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded1mx3 View Post
So I lost me car keys again. ... Well lost my keys again. ...I jiggle... Any tips...
https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/products/mate

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

I know lots of adults who could use a box of these things. Either that or take a good locksmith course and learn how to no longer need keys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:05 AM   #7
onlinebiker
onlinebiker is a jewel in the roughonlinebiker is a jewel in the roughonlinebiker is a jewel in the rough

Every car I buy - I get 3 spare keys.

One goes on my key ring. One on the SO's keyring. One in the keybox hanging in the back room . and one stays in the ignition.

If somebody wants to steal one our cars - just take it. I' m not going to fight some moron with thievery on his mind - and there' s too much paperwork for my liking if I have to shoot the SOB.....

92 SC2
93 SC2
93 SW2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2

parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote