SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Directional Turns on High Beams

Figure I may have a short on the directional lever (stick or whatever it is called) on my wife's 2006 Vue. When she uses the directional, the high beams come on. Happens on either a left or right turn. The only way to turn off the high beams is return the stalk to the mid position and then turn off the high beams in the normal manner. To be honest, I haven't tried to see what happens if the hgh beams are on and use the directional.

When the directional is not in use, high beam switch works as advertised. Also, using the lane change feature has no effect on the high beams. For now, we just use the lane change feature at night so we don't blind folks with the high beams. Daytime is not an issue.

Looking for a ballpark idea as to what this will run as I don't want to spend any more on this car than I have to. It is my wife's car when I can't take her somewhere.

Many thanx,

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
tcndeb
tcndeb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Directional Turns on High Beams

I would think it's the multi function switch. About a 35-40 dollar part at Rock Auto. Just replaced one in my daughter's 06.

'04 Base Model Vue, 2.2, 5 Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcndeb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcndeb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Directional Turns on High Beams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcndeb View Post
I would think it's the multi function switch. About a 35-40 dollar part at Rock Auto. Just replaced one in my daughter's 06.
Many thanx. I will add it to the list of things to fix on this car. Still runs pretty good. Both back windows are pinned up and disconnected, just replaced the motor and regulator on the driver's window. No one rides in the back seat as they are usually flat. Still gets her where she she needs to go and passes emissions. Oh, and the radio works. :-)

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote