SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Tyson
Tyson is a jewel in the roughTyson is a jewel in the roughTyson is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default ignition starter switch

this might seem like a silly question. I replaced my ignition cylinder lock a month or so ago. But, the problem I'm having I believe is coming from ignition switch. I've been reading about them and noticed that not all vehicles have the switch I think I need. Because I do have 2002 l300 can someone tell me if I do have the ignition starter switch? And if so, does it require me taking steering wheel off or just the plastic around it? I'm thinking it's behind the cylinder lock or under. Please help!?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tyson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tyson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
ernesto rex
ernesto rex is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: ignition starter switch

Hello Tyson,

Question: What kind of problem are you having?

The stering colum cover on my 2000 LS2 is held togeather by three hex head bolts and some snap fittings. Not sure if Saturn went to Torx fasteners on the covers by 2002. Pretty easy to take off.

2000 LS2

2003 VUE 3.0 FWD

2002 MINI Cooper R50

1978 GMC PU 7.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ernesto rex's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ernesto rex reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ernesto rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: ignition starter switch

Yes, there is an ignition switch. (The link below is for reference only.)

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...tion-lock-scat

The covers have to be removed. I can't recall if the screw heads on the covers are allen style female hex or female torx, but start with the allen head type first and if they don't fit then use a torx bit. The steering wheel remains in place, but be sure to disable the airbag prior to working in this area. The switch is on the lower left side of the column to avoid accidental deployment. Two electrical connectors and two mounting bolts are removed to take out the switch. I would highly recommend purchasing a Haynes Repair Manual. It's quite useful for the DIYer and I make much use of it myself. This information was found there.

316,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote