SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Charbear
Charbear is on a distinguished road

Default Slightly Different Headliner Question

I have a 2008 Vue (bought used)and like it very much. It has a sunroof that was installed at the dealer (not in my area) before first delivery was taken. Headliner looks great but is sagging near the rear (it's tightly attached at the very back where it wraps around) but is sagging just in front of that. I am having difficulty finding anyone (and I live in a decent sized metropolitan area - Orlando) who will replace the headliner. The reasoning is consistent. The installers of the non-OEM sunroofs chop up the headliner board and we either "don't want to bother with it" or "we have tried to work on these and can never get them back together properly".

I hesitate to just pull the headliner loose from where it is attached as it wraps around the rear of the board and just spray glue "up in there" figuring there is probably so much "old glue dust" that it might not stick well and then it will look worse than when I started since I would have now pulled the headliner loose from where it is currently attached at the back.

Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charbear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charbear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charbear is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: Slightly Different Headliner Question

I've pulled out headliners from cars and taken them to an upholstery to recover for around $120. If I just drop off the car they want $400-$500 since most of it is labor to R&R. If you have the patience, that would be the way to go. Probably a lot easier on a Vue too with the large hatchback to get it in and out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #3
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Slightly Different Headliner Question

Was at the pick-&-pull last week. While there I pulled down a headliner on a 2004 to cut out a template for making a hole in my headliner to gain easy access to the manual sun roof closer in case I ever have trouble with the electrics. The headliner was held up by at least two magnets secured to the top of the headliner. Definitely factory.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote