SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Trunk Lid-Torsion Bar Torque Rod

Mines broke and i see a "right" and a "left" replacement on ebay but how do i kno which one I need? Is there 2 install to begin with because i can't tell. The left side of the broken rod has like a hook, if that helps at all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to that1man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
that1man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Trunk Lid-Torsion Bar Torque Rod

Yes, there are two of them. There are also three lift strength settings/notches on each side where the hook goes. Make note of the position the one still in the car is hooked to. There are different positions because more tension is needed to lift a trunklid with a spoiler on it.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 181K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 192K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 31K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I took another look and i see the unbroken one further back that has a pad. Is this the right or left. I need the non-padded one which is closer to the license plate, more towards the back of the car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Disregard. Its the right side that i need. Thanks anyways

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Can not figure out how to install this.. even with the instructions provided by others on this forum in other threads. Wish there were a video lol. Anyone care to help out. I've had the replacement part for like 6 months and attempted a handful of times but keep getting frustrated and give up. Tired of keeping the trunk propped open with a can of raid bug spray

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I think i got everything in place but the very least step leaves me stuck and clueless. Can't get the U-shaped part into the hook. I posted a pic of the part I'm stuck on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (85.8 KB, 1 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #7
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Actually, I got the U-shaped part in the hook by lowering the trunk a little bit. Now the dangerous part of twisting the other side into the hook. The other side is already inserted into the middle tension level hole. I see vids of people with different makes/models using a special L-shaped tool to do this. Is that tool necessary? If so, what's it called and where could I get one for my cars trunk?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!