SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Saturnl300 03
Saturnl300 03 is on a distinguished road

Default 03 l300 blower motor resistor

Does anyone know what's the correct blower motor resistor for a 03 l300? When I look it up it shows 2 one that looks like a motherboard and one that's like aluminum with vent slots.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnl300 03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnl300 03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnl300 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #2
02 LW300
02 LW300 is just really nice02 LW300 is just really nice02 LW300 is just really nice02 LW300 is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 03 l300 blower motor resistor

It depends on what type of system your car has. Automatic temperature control has a digital display and you set the temp to heat and cool to. And basic Air has two knobs and a slide switch for the fan speed.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car now with KYB struts and adjustable rear control arms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
Saturnl300 03
Saturnl300 03 is on a distinguished road

I have automatic do you know what one it would be ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnl300 03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnl300 03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnl300 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

A quick look on Rock Auto shows it pretty clear. They make the difference between the auto HVAC and manual systems resistors pretty clear.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:29 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

If you have auto climate control of hvac, dialing up and down temperature with the left knob as the digital display increments up or down and have the auto or manual fan speed on the right knob, you're probably using the side system blower speed controller. That's the expensive aluminum box with cooling fins. I replaced mine over a year ago. The plastic glove box must be removed, disconnecting the left inside lamp connector before carefully moving the glove box partially out . The body control module sits on top of this glove box and secured with two plastic snap fasteners inside the upper portion of the box. Releasing the two tabs allows sliding out the glove box while leaving the bcm inside the hole. Once out, a medium long Phillips screwdriver or torx bit loosens two screws to remove the solid state blower controller. I might have a thread in this forum about it, maybe a picture or two too.

Mine blew it's thermal fuse inside the controller when I disassembled it. Its on a shelf if I get around to searching for a replacement thermal fuse from electronic parts distributors. I'm not sure if that's all that failed as the replacement runs fine with the original blower motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3A1318__ra_m.jpg (6.5 KB, 3 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote