SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2
Default Photo Contest: Saturn Stand-Out!

Ok Saturnfans, time for a new photo contest. Prize is a weather resistant SCCNA 4” round sticker. Submit your photos here based upon your best interpretation the ‘Saturn Stand-Out’ theme. (Inspired by Pitcher’s recent post of his shined up red coupe among a backdrop of monotone motorcar monotony.)
When we get enough entries to my liking the judging/voting will begin. So post away!

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2
Default Re: Photo Contest: Saturn Stand-Out!

Awesome!!

1st Entry -- the inspiration of "The Stand-Out" .....

Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pitcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pitcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC

Very nice, Pitcher!

(Note to self: Take a current photo of my baby)

1992 SC - TwinCam (Automagic)
Bought it brand new, and still loving it today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StarLady's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StarLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLady View Post
Very nice, Pitcher!

(Note to self: Take a current photo of my baby)
If your car is still looking good, you should have a huge advantage in the background choices now.

But with my beater commuter, I wouldn't even think about comparing it to some of the really well maintained cars here on the site. And even if the clear coat wasn't going, an SL1 isn't much for looks compared to Red Hot editions and pop up headlight SC's.

Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #5
Chub
Chub will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2

I know it isn't what you want, but I can't resist entering this because it really does stand out... It's been a couple of years since I posted it anyway.

1995 SC2: Back on the road again after my second engine rebuild in two years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chub's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chub reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

^^^^ Only a Saturn can stand out like that! The voters will decide as with all entries. Keep 'em coming!

• 1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2019, 01:18 AM   #7
jpsuli
jpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2

Don't exactly have a car that stands out, but I was able to snag a pic.
rsz_dsc_0661.jpg

'97 Saturn SL2 @ 140k

r/Saturn_Cars moderator

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpsuli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpsuli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpsuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
dummo
Master Member

1997 SW2

Someone is going to a Rolls Royce dealership and back their Saturn into an open space then get out and take a pic before security shows up with their mag-light skull-cracker batons.

• 1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #9
jpsuli
jpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummo View Post
Someone is going to a Rolls Royce dealership and back their Saturn into an open space then get out and take a pic before security shows up with their mag-light skull-cracker batons.
What are they going to do when I am in my car with DENT RESISTANT PANELS

'97 Saturn SL2 @ 140k

r/Saturn_Cars moderator

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpsuli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpsuli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpsuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #10
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmaster View Post
If your car is still looking good, you should have a huge advantage in the background choices now.

But with my beater commuter, I wouldn't even think about comparing it to some of the really well maintained cars here on the site. And even if the clear coat wasn't going, an SL1 isn't much for looks compared to Red Hot editions and pop up headlight SC's.
Hi, Signmaster. Good to see you around.
Yes, my SC still looks pretty good. I get compliments about it. A couple of months ago, at a parking lot I was approached by a producer of the Hawaii 5-0 TV show. He wanted to buy it to use on the show for an episode set in the 90s. I was very flattered, but had to decline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #11
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Good call. Lots of times, the Saturn is the one that gets blown up for the show

Though some folks make decent money renting their older cars for shows

Just make sure they are paying 200x what what your car was worth new if it is damaged, 1,000 x if it is destroyed

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #12
dummo
Master Member

1997 SW2

^^^^True about it getting wrecked. Most of the Saturns I see in movies and TV are treated like Bic Lighters. War of the Worlds, Spiderman 2, CSI Miami, etc...
Probably wanted to purchase it and not rent it for that exact reason.

• 1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #13
StarLady
Advanced Member

1992 SC

I did suggest that I could rent it to them for a couple of days, but he didn't seem interested in that, and reaffirmed that they would be interested in buying it outright. I wasn't interested in doing that. Still, he gave me his contact info in case I changed my mind.
No way I'm parting with my baby. Well... maybe if I get a six or seven-digit offer...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #14
colonelhogan44
colonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of light

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLady View Post
I did suggest that I could rent it to them for a couple of days, but he didn't seem interested in that, and reaffirmed that they would be interested in buying it outright. I wasn't interested in doing that. Still, he gave me his contact info in case I changed my mind.
No way I'm parting with my baby. Well... maybe if I get a six or seven-digit offer...
How much did he offer??

I would have parted with any of my Saturns for the right offer (enough to buy a new Kia or something similar...)

MechE - I make things!

EGR ADAPTERS AVAILABLE! $30 "reverse" $40 standard

1998 SL2 (gone, never forgotten)
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD
1987 Mercedes 300D
1993 Tracker 4x4
1996 Tracker 4x4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to colonelhogan44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help colonelhogan44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
colonelhogan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #15
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcher View Post
Awesome!!

1st Entry -- the inspiration of "The Stand-Out" .....

Close-ups of the driver's door "Standing Out" after I buffed:

Does it Stand out, Black Badge & all?

Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.

Last edited by Pitcher; 05-14-2019 at 08:25 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pitcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pitcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #16
dummo
Master Member

1997 SW2

some inspiration - took the years ago

Photo Contest Inspiration.jpg

• 1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #17
Mark_b
Mark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the rough

1996 SC2
1999 SC2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181007_192450.jpg (95.5 KB, 67 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mark_b's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mark_b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:30 PM   #18
A2Saturn
A2Saturn is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1

The building in the background sits on the campus of the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan where a January 8, 1985 press conference announced the creation of the Saturn Division.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Van Dyke.jpg (183.2 KB, 20 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to A2Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help A2Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
A2Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Saturn View Post
The building in the background sits on the campus of the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan where a January 8, 1985 press conference announced the creation of the Saturn Division.
Very good!
My grandpa was there for an event:

Fun Fact: I designed the concrete culvert/bridge entrance to the Tech Center. Specifically, I designed attaching the concrete retaining wall directly to the side-by-side culverts so as to provide a better view of the stream from the bridge. Culvert by others. Other stuff by others.

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #20
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Concerning the above mentioned bridge in post #19....This was me earning the money to purchase my fine sporty-yet-economical Saturn Coupe

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote