SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #5461
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

At 193,401, it received 4 fresh quarts of Rotella 5w-40 T6 synthetic and a Purolator PL20195 oil filter. Transmission fluid is next on the list, and a new Wix filter.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #5462
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
I hope that is a spare junk O2 sensor. Paint can block the O2 reference air and the fumes may contaminate the sensor as the manifold is open. Other than that looks good.
Yep, old junk from the bottom of the tool bag, thank you very much ^ .^

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.
My Mug is filled with the lost souls of imports.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #5463
pgagl
pgagl is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Today I swapped bumpers with an extra one I found at a junkyard about two months ago. Decided to get it out of the basement and swap it with the old beat one.

I plan to sand and paint the old bumper while it's off. Sounds like a good summer project to me

Old Bumper

New Bumper (Back)

Not bad for having 180k on her

1997 Sl2 5-Speed 177k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pgagl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pgagl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pgagl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #5464
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Friday, stopped at Menards and picked up a couple of bolts

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=138

Then got home and fount the package from McMaster-Carr had already arrived They are fast!

Now they are all sitting on the table waiting for me to have time

Saturday, replaced both valve stems in the AC Schrader valves. Then added a full 12 oz can of R134a. Pressure seemed low (I didn't feel like dusting off the gauge set and hooking it up, so just used the one on a cheap refill unit for the low side).

Drove the minivan on Tuesday, AC felt a little weak so some weekend, may pull out the gauge set and split up another can of R134a between the two cars. I'll check pressure on both and see if they both need it . . . would hate to tap a can and not need the whole thing.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #5465
nsw
nsw is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

Saturday, rolled over 200k so did an oil change. Checked front brakes while I was in there, pad life looks fine. Not sure where this squeak that I have is coming from..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nsw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nsw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #5466
Waiex191
Waiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
1998 SC2

I programmed my key fob. Thanks Erik for the eBay link!
Also I put if a couple visor clips from the junkyard. Mine were missing.
I have a horn again. My dad gave me a new in the box horn he bought for his boat. I am going to look for a louder one.

I've got about 1000 miles since the last oil change. Still above full. The leaks and usage don't seem bad.

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #5467
Zeebins
Zeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2

Finally got around to doing the other rear door sill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (215.4 KB, 21 views)

Feeling 22
1997 SL2, 109K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:21 AM   #5468
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

I swear if this oil pan still leaks, ill be a little upset.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-06-09_19.04.51.jpg (150.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-09_13.00.44.jpg (192.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-10_00.20.26.jpg (140.8 KB, 15 views)

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #5469
Zeebins
Zeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2

I did this about a week ago now but waited to post to see what using them would be like. Sanded and clear coated the headlights to try and make them look/ function better. It wasn't a huge difference when I finished so they either weren't that bad to begin with or I just didn't do that good of a job. These headlights already have so many lines (I'm not sure what else to call them) on the inside of the housing that it makes it hard to tell how clear they really are. Visibility at night is probably about the same as before but they look cleaner now, so I'll take it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (189.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (175.9 KB, 14 views)

Feeling 22
1997 SL2, 109K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #5470
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

POR15 painted a set of used, almost newly-rebuilt calipers.
They will require a finish coat. What color should old Saturn owners paint their calipers?

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #5471
ErikTande
ErikTande will become famous soon enough

I made the back of my wagon into a big cooler for lunchtime naps. I have newborn and need to sneak in sleep whenever I can, even at work.

I used reflectix and then black construction paper on the outside to make it a little more stealthy. I'm sure adding the paper makes the reflectix a little less efficient, but I don't care. It's still WAY cooler in the car. I need to make one more for the very back window and make a couple for the 2 front windows as well. The windshield is blacked out with a regular sunshade.

I can run the AC for 10-15 mins, get it nice and cool and nap for a good hour before it starts getting too hot, even in 90 degree weather.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg reflectix1.jpg (142.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg reflectix2.jpg (185.1 KB, 1 views)

http://www.youtube.com/velocitylabs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ErikTande's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ErikTande reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ErikTande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #5472
Zeebins

1997 SL2

^^^^That would be really cool to combine with the "Shaggin Waggon" http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156776

Although with a newborn that probably makes that mod a little impractical...

Feeling 22
1997 SL2, 109K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #5473
dummo
Master Member
dummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nice

1997 SW2

Throw rug roof rack!
Ingredients:
(3) 30 x 50 throw rugs. (I keep them in my SW2 almost all the time with the back seat folded down)
(Lots of) free twine from hardware superstore.
Directions:
Lay one rubber backing side down on your roof and place the other 2 rolled up nappy side out like yodels to create the rails.
Using the plastic twine supplied free of charge at The Home Depot, tie your cargo using the dental floss method. (The dental floss method is the theory that the more times you wind the string around an object, the greater its ability to grab hold.)
Both fore and aft lengths of plastic twine get fed through the openings of the rear doors (while doors are open and not through the window frames)
This worked surprisingly well with the 2 2x6x12 ans 1 2x6x8 of pressure treated lumber.

C8EB2FE7-90A1-46EE-A3C0-30E659707261.jpg

A2FE3D16-3079-40C4-9C0B-70B45070E88F.jpg

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #5474
Zeebins

1997 SL2

Washed the car, waxed the paint, vacuumed the floor, washed the carpets...basically a lot of cleaning.oddly, the drivers side floor mat has held up better than the passenger side. Weird but I'll take it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4108.jpg (220.1 KB, 11 views)

Feeling 22
1997 SL2, 109K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #5475
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

60 mph in a 45 residential zone. Chrysler product behind me means there are no speed laws!

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #5476
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

Trailer hitch! Main purpose is going to be for a bike rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-06-18_21.08.38.jpg (117.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-18_21.10.11.jpg (137.0 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #5477
youstolemybeer
youstolemybeer is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2

hey, on your trailer hitch, how did you keep the muffler from hitting the hitch? I just installed a etrailer hitch and it rubs against the muffler

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youstolemybeer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youstolemybeer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youstolemybeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:01 AM   #5478
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomimi View Post
I swear if this oil pan still leaks, ill be a little upset.
Use the BLACK RTV sealant with the pan, because it is steel. Use the BLUE on ONLY the water pump gasket.

This will fix your leaks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #5479
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Full tank of EFP-90 fuel. 35.2mpg combined city/highway, over the last 1,166 miles of driving. Getting about 1,200mpg on the oil, as I only used 1 gallon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #5480
ratwhisperer
ratwhisperer is a jewel in the roughratwhisperer is a jewel in the roughratwhisperer is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL1
1994 SL2

New plugs, wires, new O2 sensor, changed the oil, cleaned some things up. Going to go give her a wash here in a bit and a new air filter. Maintenance makes for a happy Cinnamon

Past:
1995 SW2 - Cynthia - sold
2000 SW2 - Ruby - sold
2004 Vue - Jade - traded in
1996 SL2 - Ursula - sold
1994 SL2 - Nelly Belle - sold

Current:
1997 SL1 - Cinnamon - 280K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ratwhisperer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ratwhisperer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ratwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote