SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #21
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Cleaning ignition coil pack?

2 coil packs sit on top of the ICM, the bolts pass through the coil to secure the assembly to the block. JY's often will charge you for 1 item if you leave the coil packs on the ICM...3 for the price of 1

1st pic is just the ICM, 2nd pic is a coil pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn icm.jpg (55.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg coil pack.jpg (88.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by fetchitfido; 06-17-2018 at 09:05 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #22
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
2 coil packs sit on top of the ICM, the bolts pass through the coil to secure the assembly to the block. JY's often will charge you for 1 item if you leave the coil packs on the ICM...3 for the price of 1

1st pic is just the ICM, 2nd pic is a coil pack.
Oh, sounds good. Can't beat that price then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:46 PM   #23
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHughes View Post
Oh, sounds good. Can't beat that price then.
Just checked my local pick and pull and their price on a coil pack (I assume the whole assembly) is just over $50. Their sale days give 40% off that. A good deal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #24
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Yes, they sell the entire assembly, 2 coils and the ICM as the coil pack. That is $30 plus tax and thy usually have a 30 day or longer exchange so be ready to swap it in immediately.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #25
JerryHughes
Master Member

1997 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Yes, they sell the entire assembly, 2 coils and the ICM as the coil pack. That is $30 plus tax and thy usually have a 30 day or longer exchange so be ready to swap it in immediately.
Our local pick and pull sale days (which are full of people and you wait to check out because of all the people in line) are really popular. Probably in another month or so. I can live with this mild car hesitation until then. Hope I find a good replacement. I'll update if or when "successful". I've noticed that I can't go on our JY lots and find a lot of Saturns, like I used to! Becoming a thing of the past.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #26
JerryHughes
Master Member

1997 SL

Just in case---at the Junk Yard. I could use years 96 through 02 coil pack in my 97??? Or do I have to stick with 96 through 99? Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-19-2018, 11:23 PM   #27
JerryHughes
Master Member

1997 SL

Gee, at this site---
https://www.cheapestgmparts.com/oem-...EtOWwtbDQtZ2Fz

I've found that the part number, Ignition Module - GM (19178836) also fits these Saturns----------------
THIS PART ALSO FITS
Make Model Year Body & Trim Engine & Transmission
Saturn SC1 2002 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC1 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC1 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC1 1999 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC2 2002 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC2 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC2 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SC2 1999 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL 2002 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL 1999 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL1 2002 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL1 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL1 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL2 2002 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL2 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SL2 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SW2 2001 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas
Saturn SW2 2000 Base 1.9L L4 - Gas

(Don't know why the 98 SL is not listed but it also fits that year.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-19-2018, 11:24 PM   #28
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

'96-'02 will work but not only are '00-'02's more unreliable...they're harder to remove from the car. You'll see when you get there, unless someone else posts a picture of the stupidity.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #29
JerryHughes
Master Member

1997 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
'96-'02 will work but not only are '00-'02's more unreliable...they're harder to remove from the car. You'll see when you get there, unless someone else posts a picture of the stupidity.
Okay, then I think I'll just stick to the 96-99's. Thanks for the tip!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #30
JerryHughes
Master Member

1997 SL

Okay----since I ROYALLY SCHMUCKED UP my coil packs years ago by putting dielectric grease on all surfaces, plates and all, I thought that, what the heck---why not try to simply clean everything to see if the coil pack is good? So, I did that this a.m. and so far, the car's running like it's only half its age! Worked wonders with the air cond. on or off. I didn't drive all that far but the car got good and hot and all's good. Will really test it over the next few days. The pics are of my "lard coated" coil pack, before cleaning. They cleaned up easily and well. (They should have, with all the protection they had on them) The connecting bolts, especially one, had oxidation on them and my circular wire brush that I use in my drill, shined them right up. If I don't repost on this, all went well and the car is running like a top. Thanks to all of you for your help and input! SATURN FANS ROCK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coil pack 1.JPG (65.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Coil pack 2.JPG (75.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Coil pack 3.JPG (64.6 KB, 7 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!