SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
pat_jett
pat_jett is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default Front end noise

Ok guys an gals just recently i replaced my front brake pads and rotors on my 95 saturn sc2 recently did the rear brake pads as well but not the rotors. heres the problem i am coming into now. when i brake im hearing a thumping noise dominately on the passenger side it feels like something is hitting it. when i slow down around 20 mph the brakes are working fine and nothing is loose ive looked at them all. i have noticed that the axle can be moved slightly in and out on both sides. and i am fairly sure that i a bad lower ball joint. would this make the noise? it is in rhythm with the movement of the tire for sure it speeds up as i go faster and then eventually goes away. this is on the passenger side im hearing the thumping. and when im just driving im hearing a little noise in rotation with the tires. almost like a swiish or a squeeking noise. i took a look at the tie rods and there most likely shot. im looking for anyone who might of had this noise before and diagnosed it to be tie rod ends/or ball joints. as this is what im thinking the problem is. any input will be greatly appreciated as always. just trying to trouble shoot my problem before i start replacing tie rod ends and ball joints the passenger side ball joint is a greased fitting that i can lube myself but it isnt on the drivers side. im assuming that the person only changed one side that owned the car before me. any help as i have said will be greatly appreciated. and info on the cv axles is also appreciated as i dont know if they should have play in them at all or should be stiff. and also could it be a wheel bearing?
pat_jett is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links

Tags
ball joints, cv axles, sc2, tie rods, wheel bearing