SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Default Saturn and improving the Red Line IONs

First off, I'm very grateful that Saturn has finally built a car for us Saturn performance buffs. I'm not saying the Red Line sucks at all, I love the car. Seriously though, I think Saturn could make the car a little better. First thing, it's got good power from the factory, but I was hoping for the '05 year that the car would have a little bit more horsepower. I wish Saturn would turn this car into something that would blow the SRT4 away. They have the resourses and the car has plenty of potential, so why not?

Secondly, I have concer about the rumor that the Red Lines will be dropped after the 2005 year. If so, I am very dissapointed. I know they may not be selling the best, but Saturn needs to wake up seriously. Do you seriously expect to sell a great number of car when the Red Line has slim to none marketing behind it? I have never seen a Red Line ad on TV, but I have seen Red Line ads in a few magazines. Come to think of it, I don't even see the ads anymore in magazines.

Third, Where is the Saturn backing at with the Red Lines? That's right there isn't any. I'm quite disappointed when it comes to this area. I'm sure a majority of Red Line owners would modify the performance on their cars is there was actually any aftermarket or Saturn backed parts for it. Take for example Dodge with the SRT4, this car has had a huge following since it's release. Why? Becuase it's a fairly cheap car with plenty of parts available for it, not to mention Dodge is fully supporting owners to modify their cars by selling Stage 1 & Stage 2 turbo kits, suspension kits, etc. straight out of the dealer. Saturn has the low price concept down, but the little to none performance support for the Red Line has left me disappointed. I think Saturn could work with top aftermarket companies and produce peformance products for the Red Lines, like Saturn did with 3rd generation SC2 by selling Saturn sport catback exhaust systems and intake systems produced by HKS, Progress lowering springs, and other such items sold a local Saturn retailers.

Basically what I'm saying is, the Red Line is an awsome car but it could be better if Saturn actually supported and promoted this car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line

The marketing is what get's the people to the retail facilities.

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

GM is all about adding horsepower a year after release. corvette Z06, pontiac G6...lol

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:19 AM   #4
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

put in an LS2!!!!

2005 Mazda6 Hatch

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikthehickNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikthehickNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread