SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Anyone else waiting on Astra parts?

I took my Astra in to have the A/C tensioner replaced so that I can get rid of the sequel when a/c is on and I accelerate. That was at the beginning of the summer. It is now more than a month later and I still be not have the part!

Any one else out there waiting for GM to get off their asses and send parts to Saturn dealerships? If so how long and for what part.

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Anyone else waiting on Astra parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn#5 View Post
I took my Astra in to have the A/C tensioner replaced so that I can get rid of the sequel when a/c is on and I accelerate. That was at the beginning of the summer. It is now more than a month later and I still be not have the part!

Any one else out there waiting for GM to get off their asses and send parts to Saturn dealerships? If so how long and for what part.
It takes a little while for it to ship over. Most times is about a week. My brake booster took 3ish weeks and my seat cushion took 2 weeks. I havent had any longer than that though, but I havent had anything more substantial replaced.

Saturn can find out where the part is. Ask them to call up their dealer/techline whatever its called for parts I forget the name on it and check the part status. If its been awhile, they can find out why/track another one down if its needed.

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
aaronearles
aaronearles is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

My dealer "had it in stock" however, they replaced the tensioner and mine still squeels. So I wonder if they had the original in stock, or they just lied and billed GM for the warranty service. I would bet on #2 since they completed the job and had my car back to me, literally, in 25 minutes.

2008 Astra XR5 - Arctic White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aaronearles's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aaronearles reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aaronearles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronearles View Post
My dealer "had it in stock" however, they replaced the tensioner and mine still squeels. So I wonder if they had the original in stock, or they just lied and billed GM for the warranty service. I would bet on #2 since they completed the job and had my car back to me, literally, in 25 minutes.
The time set for replacement of that is 0.9 hours. That doesnt mean they could have done it quicker, but if they took your car, brought it back changed it and had it back to you in 25 mins, I would guess somethings up.

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
vanilla sky
vanilla sky is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I wonder if the tensioner from other EcoTec powerplants would fit. I'm no GM expert, but I would think so. I wonder if they could just order a Cobalt or HHR tensioner and have it installed quicker.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vanilla sky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vanilla sky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vanilla sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
aaronearles
aaronearles is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I waited at the dealer for the service to be completed. I hadn't questioned it until the squeel came back.

They just seemed a little confused about whether they had the part or not when I got there, even though they told me before they had it in stock and would hold it for me.

Whatever, I'll just have to drop it off again if it persists, I have a couple of rattles and noises that I would rather them take care of anyway.

2008 Astra XR5 - Arctic White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aaronearles's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aaronearles reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aaronearles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

I was actually shocked a few weeks back when I went in for a broken headlight bracket. I just stopped by thinking that they would have to order the part and that I would have to make an appointment when it came in. They had a headlight in stock and had it on the car in less than an hour.

Drives: 2014 Volt, 2017 Acadia
Past Cars: 08 Astra, 15 Acadia, 12 Enclave, 09 Traverse, 05 Vue, 04 Grand Prix, 00 Alero, 97 LeSabre, 72 Cutlass S

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
nickctn
nickctn is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Well when I had my accident back in January, it took them 2 Months to get my 2 passenger side doors over from Belgium...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nickctn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nickctn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nickctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
JTO
JTO is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1

My dealer didn't want to sell me 2 oil filters as they were hard to get and they needed them for the service department. I sold my Astra shortly thereafter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JTO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JTO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
thrilhouse
thrilhouse is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

When my dealer ordered the belt and tensioner referenced here ( http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140497 ), it turned out to be a 6-week wait. I dread going there within the next few days to see if they have any air filters in stock.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thrilhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thrilhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thrilhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
Teh_Freak
Teh_Freak is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilhouse View Post
When my dealer ordered the belt and tensioner referenced here ( http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140497 ), it turned out to be a 6-week wait. I dread going there within the next few days to see if they have any air filters in stock.
Just order a K&N filter, that'll last you pretty much forever and it ought to be in stock at the local auto stores.

-- Jon --
Red 2008 Saturn Astra XR3 (2008 - 2012 RIP) :(
Black 1987 Porsche 944
Blue 2012 Ford Focus (On Order)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teh_Freak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teh_Freak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teh_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
thrilhouse
thrilhouse is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

4 stores, no air filters in stock, be it disposable or K&N...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thrilhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thrilhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thrilhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
XRLad
XRLad is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I have a small problem with a valve in the intake manifold itself.The first one was just the valve replaced ,that took about 3 weeks to get .Now the light is back on and it is probably going to be another three weeks as they say you cant just replace that valve as the whole intake manifold has to be replaced.If the car wasn,t still drivable then i would have been a bit frustrated with the wait.IMO i say it is under warranty and as long as i don't have to be the one under the hood fixing it then it isn,t that big of deal to me ,plus if it wasn,t drivable then they have two choices give me another car to use or replace the Astra with another.My 2 cents

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRLad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRLad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #14
Jzguru
Jzguru is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

3 weeks and counting waiting on a driver's side mirror to come in

"I don't understand why people would want to get rid of pigeons. They don't bother no one." (Mike Tyson).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jzguru's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jzguru reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jzguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #15
sccannon
sccannon is on a distinguished road

It's been a month now since they put my order in for a new tensioner. Last time I checked they had my belt in but still waiting on the tensioner.

Chris
2008 Sandstone Astra XR 5 door
Automatic
Sport Handling Package
Premium Audio Package
Sunroof and 17's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sccannon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sccannon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #16
mdcclxxvi
Advanced Member
mdcclxxvi is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

still waiting for my 18" Twin Top wheels to come in

Project 8888
www.usAstra.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mdcclxxvi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mdcclxxvi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mdcclxxvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
jon_e_quest
jon_e_quest is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2009 AURA XR

Horn quit working. Was told to expect a few weeks for parts.

Sold:
2008 Astra XR3
2009 Aura XR6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jon_e_quest's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jon_e_quest reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jon_e_quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #18
Teh_Freak
Teh_Freak is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilhouse View Post
4 stores, no air filters in stock, be it disposable or K&N...
Try going to an Autozone (or whatnot) and giving them this K&N part number 33-2787; that's for the Astra's filter, they ought to be able to put an order in for you.

-- Jon --
Red 2008 Saturn Astra XR3 (2008 - 2012 RIP) :(
Black 1987 Porsche 944
Blue 2012 Ford Focus (On Order)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teh_Freak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teh_Freak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teh_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #19
L200Pilot
L200Pilot is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Ordered a rear wiper blade last Friday; it was at the dealer on Monday. The return address on the FedEx envelope (cause I guess that's standard packaging for the wiper ) was from Spring Hill.

The family:
1993 SL2: 051,000 mi (!)
1996 SL2: 260,000 mi (sold)
2001 SL2: 98,000 mi
2002 L200: 215,000 mi
2006 VUE: 50,000 mi (sold)
2007 Ranger: 40,000 mi
2008 Astra: 161,000 mi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L200Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L200Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L200Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #20
kbg1
kbg1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L200Pilot View Post
Ordered a rear wiper blade last Friday; it was at the dealer on Monday. The return address on the FedEx envelope (cause I guess that's standard packaging for the wiper ) was from Spring Hill.
you mean the rear wiper is special and has to come from the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!no way

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kbg1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kbg1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote