SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
trepetti
trepetti is on a distinguished road

Default 2001 L200 4cyl AC compressor jumper

Trying to get the compressor to engage so I can recharge the system. I see a youtube video suggesting I put 12v on pin 87 of the AC relay.

Never worked on a Saturn and never worked on AC, but I know the basics. Will check the 10a fuse on pin 30 to make sure the feed is there, then will jump that to 87 to see if the compressor engages. If it doesn't, I assume the compressor clutch is bad.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trepetti's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trepetti reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trepetti is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 L200 4cyl AC compressor jumper

Are you aware that your ac system most likely leaked, leaving dye and oil markers where the leak(s) occurred? A uv light can find leaks for repairs. Unfortunately, all you're doing is refilling a leaking system. It would be wiser to find the leak(s) and make repairs. Dye was already installed and circulates permanently along with refrigerant and oil. You may find it messy using refrigerant with dye. Finding a leak doesn't require adding refrigerant but if you insist, use plain r134a (without dye or sealer).

Jumper ac relay socket terminals 30 and 87 to send power to the compressor clutch. This will get the compressor running.

Last edited by fdryer; 09-05-2018 at 04:13 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote