SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
CND_SC1
Advanced Member
CND_SC1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC1
Mad Keep It Spam Free Please

RE: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1

Ban this pest now or you'll be sorry - he/she or their network have been littering many other forums I visit. Sometimes a dozen new threads at a time all with the same ad!

A couple of weeks ago on boxinginsider.com I had to skip through two and a half pages of nothing but "cheap Nike shoes" threads to get to the next legitimate thread. Fortunately that is a much lower traffic site, but a busy board like this one which people count on for advice and info would become almost unusable if the same thing were allowed to go on.

I strongly suggest you revoke the user and block all of the IP addresses they have used. BTW vBulletins have an administrative option that can be set to Identify and report an IP address whenever a user logs-on, not just when they post or pm, as is the default setting.

Actually if it's only 2 or 3 posts a year, it's not that bad, as long as they are in the correct forum, like General Discussion or Community - but I have a bad feeling about this one if it goes unchecked.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CND_SC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CND_SC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CND_SC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Keep It Spam Free Please

Uh, that link goes to a past post from sattech back in 3-20-01. I think I know of the spam you're posting about earlier today and I would guess it would be better for everyone to NOT respond with any posts and use the REPORT POST box containing the exclamation point to quietly alert Charlie, the Administrator. I do this each time I come across blatant advertising in the forums outside of the Classified section. Perhaps if we all used what's available instead of grousing about it Charlie will be quickly inundated with our messages to react accordingly. Just my 2-cents.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
CND_SC1
Advanced Member
CND_SC1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC1

Sorry, don't know what happened with that cut & paste.

This is the thread in question: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104626

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CND_SC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CND_SC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CND_SC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

The report post function is the best way to get them removed. I think Charlie was looking into a feature that would automatically remove the post if a certain number of bad reports were submitted; I'm not sure if he implemented the feature. If not, I would think it's best for just one person to report the post so Charlie doesn't get a flood of emails.

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote