SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
Wayne G.
Wayne G. will become famous soon enough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
1997 SL2
Default Problem caused becaise of Batt connection.

Just wanted to share a recent issue which was easily fixed. It started with various lights in the instrument panel flickering on and off then progressed to the whole panel going blank then coming back on. Turns out when I had the A/C system replaced they had disconnected the positive terminal to work on the car. When they replaced the connector it was not tightened very well. It was only slightly loose but could be "moved or rotated" on the bolt (not by much) but it was enough to cause a bad connection problems. After tightening properly all problems disappeared. The BCM and systems are VERY sensitive to voltage fluctuations apparently. This being said don't alway's assume the BCM is failing first.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wayne G.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wayne G. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wayne G. is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Problem caused becaise of Batt connection.

You're absolutely right about battery cable connections needing proper tightening. I must admit that I'm somewhat surprised to find out that the mechanic disconnected the positive cable from the battery during this A/C job. It's only necessary to remove the ground cable to cut power to the vehicle's electrical components. Oh well...

293,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote