SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 02:21 AM   #1
SQVue
Advanced Member
SQVue is on a distinguished road

Default Three Cool NEW Mods

hey guys, im sure some of you have been anticipating some pictures from me for a bit now, my camera is currently in tennesse with my dad, and im temporarily using a mavika "disk loading" camera which will do for now. Anyways, since i finally got something to take pics, i want to show my 3 newest mods: Dash Kit remodel, Blue Lit Gauges, Tweeters molded into kicks and vynil wrapped. First, the remodel on the dash kit was because i ditched my pioneer xm and put in an alpine to connect to my ai-net. so now i had an open space where the controller once was(old pics in gallery) so i thought i would make a lit up logo, and so i decided on alpine. In the pics below is a lighted shot with the logo lit up, it stays lit whenever ignition is on. and there is another pic in the dark with the logo on. Second, one of my more favorite, wasn't very photogenic. The Blue lit gauges were really hard to get a picture of in the dark and hence my only picture is the best i could get for now, it is really bright in person all the numbers+dials light up, needles are really easy to remove, and the whole thing used only 6 leds. Third are the kicks, i've been working on and off on these for over a month, glue tweeter cups onto kickpanel, used lots of bondo and and sanding, then wrapped in genuine gm vynil. Tweeters were too bright in the factory location, and the best location for them is below and behind the mid, exactly where the kickpanel is basically, so it doesn't sound all hollow. Since the kick was also the runner, i made a cut and they became sperate pieces, i shaved down the bumps on the runner and vynil wrapped it as well, and they butt up nicely. Hope you guys will be inspired by the pics and want to do the mods, if theres any specifics on how any of these were done please feel free to e-mail me at SQvue@aol.com, Thanks! Enjoy Pics!

KICKS

GAUGE CLUSTER

KICKPANELS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SQVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SQVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 12:50 AM   #2
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

Hey Madbeatz,
You said in another thread how you had a hidden XM antenna under the dash, and that it received signals flawlessly, but your receiver is saying XM 1 No Signal... You in a garage???

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:27 AM   #3
SQVue
Advanced Member

yes i had my car in my garage

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SQVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:37 AM   #4
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line

figured you did- Sorry, I meant that jokingly... I may have to bring my vue to cali for you to install a hidden antenna for me... That sounds great but when I inquired around here all the custom audio shops acted like I was nuts...

The 1st sold, 49th built

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:44 AM   #5
SQVue
Advanced Member

well heres some more pics i've scrounged up, mostly behind the scenes stuff, a pic of the hidden xm antenna(print it out and show it to them, all you have to do is cut a little bit of plastic.) a pic of my hex speaker in my door all dynamatted, and a pic of my box in the back with panels removed. and a pic of the kicks in the making, with duraglass to start the molding(also the tweets in my car had a laser pointer attached to the cup, so that they were pointed to my ears while sitting in the car and then glued into place, of course i had help gluing the cup while sitting in the car, but now i have laser aligned tweeters anyways, heres more pics...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2003, 02:01 AM   #6
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line

What kind of antenna did you get? Is that the little Trek (Terk?) one?

The 1st sold, 49th built

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-28-2003, 12:27 AM   #7
SQVue
Advanced Member

yes its the mound like terk, fits like a charm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-28-2003, 08:17 AM   #8
ATLVue
ATLVue is on a distinguished road

I can't believe no one has said this yet, but that is a sweet install!

What's next on the aggenda for your Vue?

You will have to post the specs for all the LEDs you used, on your website. (Brightness, resistor size, etc.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ATLVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ATLVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:05 AM   #9
skijay
skijay is on a distinguished road

thanks for posting the XM antenna install. So it really works well like that?

I believe it would. I have a C-Band dish for a bulk of my programming. That requires an absolute clear view to receive a signal. I lose a satellite from the spring to fall due to foliage.

When I hooked up my Dish network system to receive Sky Angel at 61.5 degrees, I set it up in my living room aiming out of the south facing window. I leaned the 20" dish against a chair, aimed it to the approx. direction and to my surprise I locked into the satellite with an 80 out of 125 for a signal!

Of course the Dish is properly insatlled outside, but I was amazed that it worked inside!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skijay's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skijay reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:01 PM   #10
SQVue
Advanced Member

ya, my antenna never drops out, its been really good to me so far, and i plan to have how to's up sometime soon, i want my origianl camera back so i can take more pictures. And next up is redoing the grocery bag storage bin, basically vynil wrapping the top so its no longer carpet, painting all black plastic pieces in the bin a light beige to match the interior with SEM paint, and then trying to eliminate the source of rattles from the grocery bin(may have to carpet all of the inside of it) and then i have plenty more to do the back for the amp/sub show. But for every new mod done i will post pics and keep you guys updated. I got plenty of new ideas going to the sema IAS at the L.A. convention center, delphi had a sweet one of a kind body kit on a vue and some other interior stuff. i have pics and will post them soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-28-2003, 02:41 PM   #11
spin433
spin433 is on a distinguished road

madbeatz, yr stuff is impressive, love the tweet set up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spin433's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spin433 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:57 AM   #12
SQVue
Advanced Member

thanks, means a lot, everything in this car is so much easier to work with than when i had my sunfire, i couldn't have asked for a better a car, plus i love that fact that its not a car a lot of people have and do stuff to (ex: civic, yukon, integra). Even though there are already vue's out there that have nicer built sound system setups(not better equipment persay) they haven't seemed to focus on the small details they have just thrown in a headunit, some screens and a system, they dont really focus on lighting, engine work, or anything too custom aside from body styling. My favorite two vues personally are the Xtant show car and the new Delphi show car, there was one other one that had nice custom side skirts, but ugly paint job(white on orange), these cars inspire me to build my car up as i hope that my car can inspire a few things for other vue owners to do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread