SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #21
SATURNOFPLANO
SATURNOFPLANO is on a distinguished road

Call Saturn Customer Assistance 1.800.553.6000 or call the facility and tell him that you would like the order ID# so that you can call Saturn and track your order. I'm sure that you will be able to get the info OR just go to another facility. You ARE the customer after all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SATURNOFPLANO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SATURNOFPLANO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2002, 11:28 AM   #22
LTS
Advanced Member
LTS is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

What will the order id # get me?

I think at this point I have no choice but to ride it out. I can always choose to NOT buy the car after it comes in and get my money back.

Going to another retailer would be hopeless since it would have to be ordered anyway which again would nto get me anywhere, unless I choose to cave in. But since I got the SportsPlus package deal I would be throwing money away.

Oh well.. if they do me wrong they will lose a customer, its that simple. I just hope the financing deals in November will be good, and I wish I knew what they were going to be now so I could stop worrying about it.

Thanks for you help though, it was insightful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LTS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LTS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 02:22 PM   #23
vebix
vebix is on a distinguished road

I ordered a VUE two weeks ago only because of the 0% financing. It won't be delevered for a few weeks, but I didn't think that would be a problem. After reading through this thread I became worried so I called my dealer today, and asked if the financing would hold until the car was delivered, and the answer was "They have a call into corporate to get the answer to that question, but usually no, it won't hold, unless you have paperwork completed locking you into a price."

Um, WHOA. I'm glad I called - they're being so relaxed about it, that I don't think they realize I'm not taking the car without the 0%. *sigh*

So I'm supposed to call back again tomorrow afternoon to see if they received an answer yet. In any case, my trust is dwindling, so i think I'm going to go in and put money down and sign papers to lock me in.

Am I on the right track here, or have I missed something?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vebix's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vebix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 02:35 PM   #24
alanhvue
alanhvue is on a distinguished road

The fine print on the offer says "You must take delivery of new 2003 VUE from participating retailer by October 31, 2002." This is generally true for most financing or rebate specials -- you have to get the car by the deadline. This is to encourge purchases from dealer inventories.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alanhvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alanhvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 02:42 PM   #25
vebix

*sigh* you mean the fine print that is smaller than reproducable on an NTSC television screen? I'm glad the dealer told me this. They walked me into this deal like I could order with no problem and still get 0%.

Boy what a downer. I'll let everyone know what happens when I talk to them next.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help vebix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #26
tbl01
tbl01 is on a distinguished road

Well a quick update on ordered Vue.

It was built on 10/24. Shipped on 10/25. Shipped by rail.

I also would find it very difficult for saturn not to honor 0% for the many people who placed orders in October. Yes i know the fine print reads ... must take delivery by 10/31, but Saturn stands to lose a lot of customers if they hold back 0% to those whose placed orders in October.

My retailer told me that there were about 25 people who placed Vue orders this month. I would bet that more than 75% would cancel if the 0% is not available to them.

Lets see 430 dealers +- , 20 orders/dealer 8600 cars. 20k average/car

Thats over 172 million in Gross sales. That's alot of Beans.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tbl01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tbl01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:07 PM   #27
vebix

Thanks for the updates - keep them coming.

I just got off the phone with my dealer again (they called me this time) and said there were 3 others in my position, and they would definately know by tomorrow. He told me to be prepared to go in tomorrow to handle paperwork as well. They also have my VIN# now. So I assume all of this is a good sign. At least I hope. I'll write more when I have more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2002, 03:09 PM   #28
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

It's spelled out clearly Must take delivery by 10/31. It is to encourage the sale of vehicles on the lot as said before. They may extend the offer. Your choice to walk away from the purchase

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:14 PM   #29
vebix

Quote:
Originally posted by ricksLS1
It's spelled out clearly Must take delivery by 10/31. It is to encourage the sale of vehicles on the lot as said before. They may extend the offer. Your choice to walk away from the purchase
I'm certainly not denying this now, but they really should have *told* me this when I decided to order instead of buy from the lot. Until today, I had no idea that was part of the deal. And I'm not an experienced car buyer, so this isn't common sense for me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2002, 03:20 PM   #30
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Your correct that should have been spelled out clearly when you indicated you wanted the 0% financing. I would call the salesman and tell them if you don't get it you won't buy the vehicle. Then he loses his comission.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:22 PM   #31
DesertPuma
DesertPuma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by mportune
I'm certainly not denying this now, but they really should have *told* me this when I decided to order instead of buy from the lot. Until today, I had no idea that was part of the deal. And I'm not an experienced car buyer, so this isn't common sense for me.
Consider yourself, experienced.

Now a proud Subie owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DesertPuma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DesertPuma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:27 PM   #32
vebix

>Then he loses his comission.

Oh, he knows now.

>Consider yourself, experienced.

today i am a man.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-30-2002, 07:49 AM   #33
LTS
Advanced Member
LTS is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Yea. As unhelpful as my sales person has been since placing the order, I have to admit he did at least tell me about the financing issue. I was aware of it anyway, I was hoping he would just be nice about it.

Since some people have already gotten teh VIN# and I ordered mine long before there I think I am going to call back to my dealer and discuss this with the manager. Since mine is supposed to be built on Friday it certainly has a VIN# assigned to it, in which case I can definitely get the paperwork done and get the 0%.

The comments made by Dwayne from the Saturn of PLano ( I forget his nick) really will help you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LTS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LTS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:08 AM   #34
BillyGoat
BillyGoat is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Saturn sent a bulletin to all retailers on 10/29/02 to advise that the 0% APR will be available on the VUE through 1/2/03. For those of you who have VUEs on order, you hopefully have heard this from your sales consultants. If not, life just got better!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BillyGoat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BillyGoat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:55 PM   #35
vebix

confirmed - just heard from my dealer and they said everything is cool. (*whew*)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread