SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?
Yes 68 56.20%
No 53 43.80%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:03 PM   #61
SilverION
SilverION is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?

When I bought my ION Redline, I let all my friends who know how to drive stick try it out. By that I mean, they regularly drive manual transmission cars. I know which ones I can trust with my car. Also, many of my friends are gear heads and really know their way around cars. I'm always asking them for advice, so I felt it was only fair to let them take it for a spin!

My parents both used to drive manual trannies over 25 years ago. Now they only drive automatics and have forgotten how to drive manual. They are both afraid to drive my car!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #62
94SL1
94SL1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1

My boyfriend was allowed to drive it for about 5 minutes, it drove me crazy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94SL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94SL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #63
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Hmm....

Family
- As Dad used to work in a garage, if I have a problem, usually he takes it for a drive
- Mom picked the car up from the mechanic/dealer for me when I first got it. I don't think she's driven it since
- My sister drove it once. I had a call for work (Fire Dept.) and she'd blocked me in, so I took her car and she wanted it back so she brought mine to the station and took hers

Friends

- My best friend Justin has drive my car. I was drunk
- My ex g/f drove the car as I was quite tired and almost falling asleep
- A guy at school drove it as he wanted to drive one before buying a Saturn.
- A guy I work with drove it once when I ran upon a call before the guys got there. I ended up riding to the hospital with the paramedics in the ambulance due to a critical patient and my car got driven back to the station for me.

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #64
EvilCody
EvilCody is on a distinguished road

Location: Massachusetts (Currently stationed in Cherry Point N.C.)

1997 SL2

When I drive up to Maryland on some weekends I used to let my friend drive for a bit. But ever since I hit a deer I've let nobody touch my baby!

Support our troops!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EvilCody's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EvilCody reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #65
1stSaturnowner
1stSaturnowner is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Absolutely, positively no!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1stSaturnowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1stSaturnowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #66
94sc293sl1
Advanced Member
94sc293sl1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

Let a "friend" drive my SC2 couple years ago mainly because she was one of those arrogant "Saturns suck" Honda owners. It was quicker than she thought it would be.
Also let a friend drive it when we took a 14-hour trip to California. His driving scared me. Worst was on the way back. We left immediately after a race, so about 3 a.m. I'm in the passenger seat taking a nap when I sense we're stopping. "Where are we?" I ask. We were on a freeway onramp, he was tired so he decided to pull off. Did I mention my car has blacked out taillights and trucks were entering the highway? Since then no one else has driven my girl.

Craig
Saturn owner no longer as of 12/21/05, sold my SC2.
www.insidetrackmagazine.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94sc293sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94sc293sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #67
ICBMguy
ICBMguy is on a distinguished road

Back in college I had a 98 SL1. I took it to a party one night and, doing the responsible thing, put my keys with everyone elses in the collective drawer where only DD's would get to them. The next morning I got up to go home and it was gone! I freaked out thinking it had been stolen (it had already been borken into once). Turns out my friends had taken it to Waffle House. They swear I told them it was okay, though I don't remember any of it.

Now, married, I get to drive my wife's 93 SL2 rarely, and never with her in the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ICBMguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ICBMguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2005, 08:55 AM   #68
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Absolutely, Positively, No Way, No How, till Hell freezes over, NO! That's why I got a Manual Trans.! Nobody is going to bother me about borrowing my SC2! With an Automatic, everyone will be borrowing your Car!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1995 SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1995 SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #69
Vertigoomg
Vertigoomg is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

I love it when people ask me to drive my car. Three people have learned how to drive in my car, one of which asked me "Which one is the gas, and which is the brake?" She learned how to drive in under an hour ^_^. I've also had people drive when I was too tired to drive or just to surprise them when they playfully ask to drive... >.>

My car is so easy to drive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vertigoomg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vertigoomg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #70
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

Once, I let a friend at the time drive my then-new 1996 SL2 while I piloted his 1993 SC2. Amazing difference both to my ears and to my hands. I preferred my car, no question. He had a 1988 Mustang 5.0 hatch before he got his SC2 so he was very hard on the four-banger as he was used to gobs of torque instead of winding his engine out before each shift. I returned his vehicle to him pronto before he wore out my clutch!

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #71
kvngwynth
kvngwynth is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Happy Re: Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?

My spouse is the only one I will allow to drive any car of mine. I know how superbly he drives, so I am rested asure the car is safe plus I love him enough to give him that trust. BUT NOBODY ELSE WILL I EVER ALLOW TO DRIVE ANY CAR OF MINE BUT HIM AND ME...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kvngwynth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kvngwynth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #72
futurevue
futurevue is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2002 SL1

Never! My one friend has gotten in three accidents in her 2002 SL1 (only 1 her fault) before it was totaled by a driver running into it on the street. Now she has a '05 Vue for the last three months, I'm just waiting to see how long before she gets in an accident with it. She drives like a maniac! No way will she get behind the wheel on my car. The only people besides me and my boyfriend that have driven my car are my parents. They thing I should take my younger brother out test driving in it but I don't know if I could take that!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to futurevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help futurevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #73
ionkate
ionkate is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Very rarely.

Only people other than my parents are my boyfriend (because he 'critiques' the way I drive), my ex (ONCE, and only once!) and a friend when I was too sick to drive. That's about it.

I had to leave my car at my boyfriend's parents house the other day, and his mom asked me to leave my keys there so that in case they needed to move it they could. I know I should trust her, but I was still a little nervous about it! She was on the other side of the driveway when we came back, but all safe and sound, thank goodness!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ionkate's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ionkate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:35 PM   #74
saturnowner2001
saturnowner2001 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Yes-Only when I am too drunk to drive. Other than that no way!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnowner2001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnowner2001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #75
sickcallawayc12
sickcallawayc12 is on a distinguished road

Yes, once. The next morning, i woke up in puke on the bathroom floor learning my car was in impound with a $150 bill.

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT
all stock for now (nothin' wrong with that either)

I'll miss my Saturn, from the AEM CAI to the rear main oil seal leaks to the giant APC stickers on the side (sarcasm)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sickcallawayc12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sickcallawayc12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #76
sleomazzola
sleomazzola is on a distinguished road

2005 ION Red Line

I have to admit the clutch is pretty uncanny!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sleomazzola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sleomazzola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #77
LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I let my girlfriend drive it once when I was in the car with her. She didn't feel like driving it again.

2004 Silver ION Redline
248hp and 224ft-lbs of torque to the wheels

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LoungeLizard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LoungeLizard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #78
DarrylLeeOHS30
Advanced Member
DarrylLeeOHS30 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
2001 SL2

Ive let my son have it since he got his license. when he had his permit- no way. He had to drive my 626.

-Darryl

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DarrylLeeOHS30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DarrylLeeOHS30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread