SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?
Yes 68 56.20%
No 53 43.80%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 06:39 PM   #21
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Immediate family members? Yes.

Friends? Given the way some of them drive, I wouldn't need any enemies.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2003, 09:06 PM   #22
pandorasun
pandorasun is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Does ....letting your fiance' drive it 3 blocks down the road (and NO further),
then immediately back,
as I stand in a parking lot watching,
just so I can see how pretty my new car looked on the highway count...????

if not....then NO WAY !!!!!!! ;-)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pandorasun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pandorasun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:53 PM   #23
edwilson13185
Advanced Member
edwilson13185 is on a distinguished road

I only let one person drive one of my cars, and that was my girlfriend at the time, and it was the Intrepid. After that, I have not let anyone else drive any of my cars.

Ed
2005 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 5AT
http://community.webshots.com/user/edwilson13185

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edwilson13185's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edwilson13185 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #24
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally posted by swoker183
yes, i have because i was in no condition to drive
Umm..... are you going to elaborate or should we just start making-up our own stories about your "condition"

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:03 PM   #25
rklein
rklein is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

I've got an ex-girlfriend who reminds me now and then that I never let her drive the V8 Monza I had back in high school. I'll probably let her drive my '97 SC1, but I haven't even told her that I got a new car yet! Nobody else has driven my Saturn yet, but only because I haven't even had it for a month yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rklein's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rklein reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #26
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I let A friend drive the L ONCE just to see that it wasn't as bad as he thought. I have a manual now and NO one knows how to drive it, i'd say no anyway. It's my first brand new car!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverNickelQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverNickelQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:50 PM   #27
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Other than my wife and my mechanic, no one drives my Saturn unless it is a totally unavoidable situation. Actually, my wife has not driven it yet. She says its too new.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2003, 06:45 PM   #28
bravesfann23
bravesfann23 is on a distinguished road

Friends= a couple of times.

Family members= probably more than I drive it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bravesfann23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bravesfann23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #29
SkyKingAGI
SkyKingAGI is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

NOBODY drives my VUE..

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SkyKingAGI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SkyKingAGI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:03 PM   #30
trunx
trunx is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

Once, but he was both my friend and my boss, so I wasn't about to refuse when he wanted to drive a little. It was only a few blocks in town.
Oops, twice, but the second was a lady friend of mine who wanted a little practice with the stick, so I gave her a lesson around my cul-de-sac.
Other than that, only family members, but that's 'cause they pay for insurance.

[COLOR=Navy][U]Tristan[/U]___________
2006 ION Redline w/ Comp. Pkg.: "Yuri"[/COLOR]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trunx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trunx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:15 AM   #31
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I used to let my friends drive my sc2 so they could practice driving a stick. Then they all got new cars around the time I bought my vue. They all chose automatics even though they could have got a 5spd in the car they were buying. Then they have the nerve to ask if they can practice on my new car. So no one but me and my wife has ever driven the vue.

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #32
BrenSaSC2
BrenSaSC2 is on a distinguished road

My friend Matt was actuallly the first one to drive my car...I didn't know 5-speed, and he drove it off the lot to show me how to drive. Gotta love 1.5 hour test drives and me stalling and bucking while pulling it into the lot again-heheheh. OH well...Matt still drives it on occassion. Although he's a maniac, I trust him a lot. TommyH on here drove mine as well..only once since he's paranoid of red cars. Goof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrenSaSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrenSaSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #33
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

well, really only me that drives my Saturn. When I lived with my grandparents, my grandfather used to back it out of the driveway and park it in front of the house when I was sleeping and he needed to go somewhere.

Other than that, I taught my girlfriend stick ONCE in a parking lot, but that's it. No one else I know can drive stick.

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2003, 05:50 PM   #34
ReZDoG
ReZDoG is on a distinguished road

There isnt nothing that my friends can do that I havent done already.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ReZDoG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ReZDoG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:59 AM   #35
GreyDuck
Advanced Member
GreyDuck is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

I've let a couple of people drive it, but not many.

Brian
2001 Ford Focus ZTS
1992 Saturn SL2
Go UofL Cardinals!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GreyDuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GreyDuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:30 PM   #36
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

I've never let a friend drive my car, as I've had no need for a friend to drive it nor have any of them asked. My mom drove my old SW2 once and my dad has driven my current once. My dad used to drive my old K-car quite a bit when I was away at college, so it wouldn't crap out when I got back home for a break.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:34 PM   #37
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

I let a friend drive my SC2 once, but that was after too many beers for me. Then I let my mom and dad borrow it this past summer, as they were down one vehicle. My dad was working on his '92 S-10 all summer long, fixing broken hard lines on the fuel sender and repairing rotted body supports on the bed. He always takes a long time on projects like those. Anyway, I had to reclaim the SC2, after my primary vehicle went down.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2003, 12:32 PM   #38
muzikmann
muzikmann is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1

I've only let my mom drive my SL1. She said she doesn't really like it because she's so short. She drives a Jeep Wrangler, which with the seat set up so high, lets her sit in a position so she can actually see out. And she said my car is actually harder for her to get into and out of than her Jeep, and she's used to the truck feel of her Jeep. But yeah, I'd probably let a couple of my friends drive my Saturn.....if they knew how to drive stick. I've offered to teach any number of people on my car. My best friend Marc let me drive his 4.5L '86 Cadillac Eldurado America II Limited Edition (one of 150 made) many times, so I should return the favor sometime. And some of my friends (and relatives) I just don't trust after seeing the way they drive. Like someone else said, the car is worth way more to me than to my insurance company.

Jeff Parham
1993 SL1 - R.I.P. @ 198,000 Miles
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to muzikmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help muzikmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:16 AM   #39
1993SC2
Advanced Member
1993SC2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

My girlfriend doesn't know how to drive stick, but I had her drive the car around in her driveway for some reason and she didn't stall it, even on the first try!

Then: 1993SC2m
Now: 1996 Jeep XJ, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1993SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1993SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #40
hasitha
hasitha is on a distinguished road

Yes I let my friends drive my Saturns. All of my friends are good drivers and the cars are made by Saturn. I'm of the opinion that if being driven by somebody other than myself is harmful to the car, I should've bought a different car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hasitha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hasitha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread