SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
zxnismo
zxnismo is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Vue w/no tail lights, park lights, plates, instrument panel

Hey guys, I posted this to another older thread but I am having some issues with my park fuse blowing. I've checked my trailer wires and it still look as good as the day it was installed. I have no dash lights, no center console lights (radio lights up and works fine), no tail lights, plate lights, parking lights. When it happen last week I checked the park fuse in the kick panel fuse box. It was blown and I just took the 10 amp fuse from the seat warmer and it worked for 5 days, until today. This did happen last year, I changed the DRL relay (under the front bumper) and it fixed the problem. Do you think it could be the relay again? Could I really have that much bad luck for it to go one year later?
If it does help it is a Canadian 2007 Vue Hybrid, with a stock radio.
Any help would be very much appreciated
zxnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Vue w/no tail lights, park lights, plates, instrument panel

YOu mentioned trailer wires and you had this problem before...when did the problem start?

The fuse you replaced was of the same amp rating?
'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxnismo View Post
Hey guys, I posted this to another older thread but I am having some issues with my park fuse blowing. I've checked my trailer wires and it still look as good as the day it was installed. I have no dash lights, no center console lights (radio lights up and works fine), no tail lights, plate lights, parking lights. When it happen last week I checked the park fuse in the kick panel fuse box. It was blown and I just took the 10 amp fuse from the seat warmer and it worked for 5 days, until today. This did happen last year, I changed the DRL relay (under the front bumper) and it fixed the problem. Do you think it could be the relay again? Could I really have that much bad luck for it to go one year later?
If it does help it is a Canadian 2007 Vue Hybrid, with a stock radio.
Any help would be very much appreciated
Parking and inside lighting you mention derive power from PARK lamp fuse.

The radio obtains lighting from two sources - turn key to ON and lighting is from radio fuses and is a constant bright level. Once radio determines PARK lights are on - it switches to lighting voltage provided by panel dimmer control.

In your case radio never senses dimmer voltage (PARK) so it probably remains brightly lighted.

You need some sort of methodical plan to find a short in PARK light circuit.

I'd say 90% of fuse fail problems are related to trailer lighting - so I would inspect - or disconnect - that wiring and check results.

I don't see a troublesome relationship between DRL and parking lamps. However, the DRL resistor shares a ground (G101) with left and right front park/turn lamps - so any indication of dim bulbs on front should be investigated.

If fuses blow infrequently - check each fixture to see if any bulb - or other bulb in fixture - is on with diminished intensity. Replace any bulb that appears suspicious.

If all bulbs pass the visual test - I'd remove and inspect all park lamp bulbs, and associated bulb sockets, to check for corrosion or heat damage.

If fuses fail almost immediately - start with a box of good fuses and disconnect each fixture - one at a time. Each fixture is attached to body wiring by a small connector and should be easy to disconnect.
I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
zxnismo

2007 VUE Green Line

Big help guys.
The trailer hitch and wiring are three years old. I read last night that the wiring might be an issue so I traced all of the wiring checking for exposed wiring. It looks good. I needed the hitch 3 years ago for a cross country move so its not a big deal to remove it now, if all the light bulbs pass inspection. Ill try that and if no luck Ill look for that short somewhere in the wiring. Ill let you guys know tomorrow. thanks again
Old 01-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

The exact same happened to me. I had a UHaul tow plug installed that shorted out and blew the fuse. Those things are all on the same fuse.

-Robert
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Big help guys.
The trailer hitch and wiring are three years old. I read last night that the wiring might be an issue so I traced all of the wiring checking for exposed wiring. It looks good. I needed the hitch 3 years ago for a cross country move so its not a big deal to remove it now, if all the light bulbs pass inspection. Ill try that and if no luck Ill look for that short somewhere in the wiring. Ill let you guys know tomorrow. thanks again
In my case the short was internal to the tow wiring module. Just pull the fuses and inspect them.

-Robert
Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
zxnismo

2007 VUE Green Line

Hey guys I wold have responded soon but this polar vortex is kicking our *****es (even in the garage). So on a milder day I went out and removed the wiring. That was 3 days ago and so far so good. Hopefully that should fix it. Thanks again everyone.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Hey guys I wold have responded soon but this polar vortex is kicking our *****es (even in the garage). So on a milder day I went out and removed the wiring. That was 3 days ago and so far so good. Hopefully that should fix it. Thanks again everyone.
Can we have some? Our ski resorts are mid 50F's in the day with little snow.

-Robert