SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Gripcon
Gripcon is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Another New (used) 2007 Aura owner

Hello, Mine is an XE that I got for $8000.00 with 29000 miles on it. as near as I ca tell it seems to be Golden Cashmere in color. I snooped here before I bought it and was impressed with the wealth of information on this site.

I was a bit hesitant to buy a Saturn as I tend to keep cars a little longer than most. (Daily driver is a 90 Dodge Shadow that we bought new). But the Wife had it bought & in our garage before we were out of the driveway, sooooooo, to keep the peace, Here I am.

It is a very nice ride and I began to understand why you all are so passionate about your cars. Hope to be a member here for a long time to come.
Gripcon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
HawaiiAura
HawaiiAura is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Another New (used) 2007 Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripcon View Post
Hello, Mine is an XE that I got for $8000.00 with 29000 miles on it. as near as I ca tell it seems to be Golden Cashmere in color. I snooped here before I bought it and was impressed with the wealth of information on this site.

I was a bit hesitant to buy a Saturn as I tend to keep cars a little longer than most. (Daily driver is a 90 Dodge Shadow that we bought new). But the Wife had it bought & in our garage before we were out of the driveway, sooooooo, to keep the peace, Here I am.

It is a very nice ride and I began to understand why you all are so passionate about your cars. Hope to be a member here for a long time to come.
From a newbie to newbie,welcome to the forums.

I am too quite surprised as to how passionate people are towards the brand, and its contagious. I am saddened that the Saturn nameplate was killed, the Aura itself is a breed of car that stood out and was quite a benchmark to other makers. Styling is out of the ordinary from your typical Camry/Accord, interior appointments are sub-par to say the least, but it also is very well appointed from adjustable pedals, remote start & ambient lighting. All very nice touches to the vehicle.
::2007 Aura XR 3.6::
::1995 SVT Mustang Cobra::

"Toyota - Moving forward, even if you don't want to."
"You drive a Saturn? Oh, shet this car is badass!"
HawaiiAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Congratulations, and welcome to the site!

Also, it sounds like you got a great price on the AURA!
-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
golftango
golftango will become famous soon enough

Welcome!

$8K for one with 29K miles? Wow, that is a deal. Glad to know my Aura is worthless now.
2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golftango
https://500px.com/golftango
https://www.instagram.com/golftango
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Gripcon

2007 AURA XE

Thank you all for the welcomes!

golftango:
Well now there is a bit of a story that goes with this car. I got it from a friend of ours and there may have been a little bit of payback involved in the price.

I wonder if I have a shot at this still being under warranty? I have a back window that doesn't go all the way down and a small clunk in the steering.

Am also thinking of replacing the radio. I am so used to loading a micro SD card in a very small card reader stuck in a USB port playing music, OTR, podcasts or whatever. It looks like after-market, I don't think from what I read that the "09" can do that. USB is just a charging port.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
PyratWesly
PyratWesly is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Congrats on the Aura!

They are pretty awesome, especially for those like me who wouldn't normally be able to afford such a nice car. I'm really enjoying mine. Brought the fun back into just going for a drive.

Just about everybody that comes in contact with my Aura acts like the people in the comercial "thats a Saturn?" Ha Ha!
PyratWesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripcon View Post

Congrats on your new AURA and welcome to the forum. You're correct in your statement, and I strongly agree, that the enthusiasm and passion here regarding our AURAs is outstanding. The AURA is a great car. Just imagine what it was like here before GM announced bankruptcy and divesting itself of Saturn.

There are a lot of folks here who know a boat load about cars and our AURAs, in particular. Got a problem? Come here and research or ask about it so you can go to your dealer a little better informed and receive less BS.

Best of luck with your new AURA!
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Gripcon

2007 AURA XE

Thank you and speaking of my dealer, I have an appointment Monday as it is under warranty until next month!