SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #21
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Tired of the negativity

Thats all fine except Saturn isn't and wasn't "just about the car" Saturn was and is still about a different type of purchasing experience, a different type of service experience. We didnt hold on to our customers by just sellin a plastic paneled dent resistant car..yep it helped but that wasnt all of it... If we sold the same car anfd badged it as anything else and treated our guests the same as ANY dealer we would have as hi a customer loss rate as them..we dont.. I've worked at many dealers in the past ..most have a 75/25% warranty work to service work ratio..At Saturn we have a 75/25% ratio but it's cash to waranty..Why? Because we treat our customers as we would like to be treated. We give them a good amount of work for every dollar they spend..and its quality.. My customers know that they can come in to me with their car and when it leaves it will be 100%. They also know that i wont sell them anything they dont need. If a person calls on the phone asking advice on how to fix their own car...I give..freely. THAT is what Saturn is about. You see there aren't many places you can go to that actually care about the vehicle and the customer. So if you're just into the car you missed the boat anyway.
~ If it worked before you messed with it, it must be something you did ~
sattech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #22
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

I get a real kick out of "true SaturnFans" who buy an Astra.
Rip off all the "Saturn" badges, and go out of their way to install, "OPEL" badges.

True SaturnFans, huh?
93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Sattech,

I agree with your comments. As an owner myself since 1997 (I own 2 '94 model year cars, and a '97 Wagon)...I agree. The experience isn't so much about the car itself, or how durable they are, the gas mileage, or etc. It's the "HUMAN EXPERIENCE" that we are talking about here.

The premise that the dealerships and the service department personnel acutally give a damn about you and your car is what we are talking about here. Most people who have never owned a Saturn don't know what the Saturn experience is, or what it is about. It's about the fact that you feel like you are being taken care of by those that work at the dealership, rather than just being a number..."Next" in line.
Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #24
pmj
pmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattech View Post
Thats all fine except Saturn isn't and wasn't "just about the car" Saturn was and is still about a different type of purchasing experience, a different type of service experience.
All the best service/purchasing/whatever experience in the world isn't going to make a bit of difference if they can't sell a car that people want.

I really, really, really hope the Saturn folks making decisions at this critical time can grasp that simple concept. Because all the signs I'm getting is that they don't.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #25
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

I have been a Saturn owner continously since 1993. I bought the package because I liked:

1. American made & owned.
2. Been a long time GM owner.
3. Liked the no-haggle sales policy. Even better yet, my dealer has been great.
4. Polymer panels
5. Good value
6. Decent ride

I have ridden the tide of ups & downs with this company & website. (Sue me if I am a loyalist, most Pisces are) I have come to realise that all things won't remain the same, even though we try hard to change it. I have seen many people become instant fans & foes. Personally, I would like to see the negativity stop. But on the other hand, it's good to have those who beleive the initial mission statement of the company has gone by the wayside. Sure it gets frustrating at times hearing it. But those who feel they have shortchanged have a right to speak their minds. If they didn't, we would all roll over & become complacement. A good product is not about compalcency. It is about taking constructive criticism and putting to a positive use. Constantly improving is better than constantly condescending. (see my sig below)

I don't know what's in store for the Saturn company. Indepenence, dissilusion, or another company take over. I wish the company the best.All I do know is because of these cars, I have met some great people here. And to me, that's all that matters at the moment...

Have a great day,
Vik
93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Old 04-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Heart Re: Tired of the negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik View Post
I don't know what's in store for the Saturn company. Indepenence, dissilusion, or another company take over. I wish the company the best.All I do know is because of these cars, I have met some great people here. And to me, that's all that matters at the moment...

Have a great day,
Vik
Well said. That is the exact reason that I went from just being a Saturn owner to an owner and an employee 5 years ago. I think that you will find that the same Core Values that Saturn had then are instilled in any Saturn Team member you will talk with today. They are strong in us and we truly believe in them. Like an earlier post said, it's the people, not just the cars that make us "different". Saturn was changing back when I started with them in 2004. Saturn is changing again. The one constant is the people who work at Saturn. We Are Saturn. Whether you are a first-gen polymer loyalist or a newer model owner, UR2.
marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #27
Robor007
Advanced Member
Robor007 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
Well said. That is the exact reason that I went from just being a Saturn owner to an owner and an employee 5 years ago. I think that you will find that the same Core Values that Saturn had then are instilled in any Saturn Team member you will talk with today. They are strong in us and we truly believe in them. Like an earlier post said, it's the people, not just the cars that make us "different". Saturn was changing back when I started with them in 2004. Saturn is changing again. The one constant is the people who work at Saturn. We Are Saturn. Whether you are a first-gen polymer loyalist or a newer model owner, UR2.
A well said to you, marx404!

My Saturn dealer has been outstanding. The purchase experience was great and both (minor) service trips since were followed up by calls asking if there was anything that could have been handled better. I just wish they would send me a written survey so I can tell them how well they are doing!
2008 Astra XR3 door 5sp - Silver Sand with premium trim, 18" rims, and advanced audio. (new owner as of 12/15)
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #28
unkle bik
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robor007 View Post
I just wish they would send me a written survey so I can tell them how well they are doing!
Our dealer always includes a customer survey card on the rearview mirror during any service. Often times, they will call or send you an e-mail if you don't respond within a couple of days. Rumour has it, most employee evaluations done by our dealer are dependent on the responses from those cards.
93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Where have all you guys been the last couple of months?!?!

I got tired of speaking up against the naysayers only to be slapped right back down by same. It's good to know you people are still here, and we can all ride this through together - as real Saturnfans.
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #30
jon_e_quest
jon_e_quest is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2009 AURA XR

Quote:
I get a real kick out of "true SaturnFans" who buy an Astra.
Rip off all the "Saturn" badges, and go out of their way to install, "OPEL" badges.

True SaturnFans, huh?
There aren't really any good Opel sites over here

(Don't worry. Still have all the original badges... It's about the only advertising the car gets and they're way cooler than bumper stickers)
Sold:
2008 Astra XR3
2009 Aura XR6
jon_e_quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #31
unkle bik
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_e_quest View Post
There aren't really any good Opel sites over here

(Don't worry. Still have all the original badges... It's about the only advertising the car gets and they're way cooler than bumper stickers)
Don't get me wrong.

If it's your gig to rebadge it, so be it. It's your nickel.

I just find it ironic. It's hard enough finding ANY Astra owners. In the year of our Astra ownership, I have seen a dozen traveling over about 8 states. How much more unique do ya wanna get?
93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #32
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
Where have all you guys been the last couple of months?!?!

I got tired of speaking up against the naysayers only to be slapped right back down by same. It's good to know you people are still here, and we can all ride this through together - as real Saturnfans.
We are here daver. We just have decided not to partake (or be dragged into) in all the silliness that has been going on lately. I do agree that despite the risk it is worth getting involved and speaking out for Saturn. We ARE Saturn.
marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

I don't think its negativity that your reading, I think its reality and uncertainty.

It's not the folks posting in this forum that are causing the problems.

I certainly feel for all the Saturn employees out there, and understand their not wanting to hear negativity about Saturn but these are public forums for the discussion of Saturn, NOT THE COVER UP.

I really haven't read to much negativity myself, just people that are kind of upset being left in the dark for so long.

We understand its just business, and are patiently waiting.
SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #34
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaman View Post
I don't think its negativity that your reading, I think its reality and uncertainty.

It's not the folks posting in this forum that are causing the problems.

I certainly feel for all the Saturn employees out there, and understand their not wanting to hear negativity about Saturn but these are public forums for the discussion of Saturn, NOT THE COVER UP.

I really haven't read to much negativity myself, just people that are kind of upset being left in the dark for so long.

We understand its just business, and are patiently waiting.
There is no cover up and even us employees are upset at being left in the dark. Hint - we are Saturn owners just like everyone else. Just like everyone else we will also have to wait patiently to see what future plans the FOT has for Saturn.

Those who have been spreading negative rumors and speculations about Saturn are definitely hurting Saturn's chance for survival NOT helping it and I believe that is the basis of this thread.
marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1
Old 04-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #35
L55
L55 is on a distinguished road

I agree Jaman, i'm enjoying insight from many people here.. good and bad. They bring up points ive never thought of. If you want to see negative go to the Starbucks forum, many folks going thru the same sort of uncertainty and its twice as bad over there.
L55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #36
Robor007
Advanced Member
Robor007 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Our dealer always includes a customer survey card on the rearview mirror during any service. Often times, they will call or send you an e-mail if you don't respond within a couple of days. Rumour has it, most employee evaluations done by our dealer are dependent on the responses from those cards.
All I've left with was the receipt for the work done and the paper on the drivers side floorboard - no comment card. Next time I'm there I'm going to request one. They're doing a great job - management and corporate should know about it.

That reminds me, last weekend my wife and I had dinner at a local restaurant. The waitress was amazing. Shortly after we were seated she took our drink order, brought it back quick, took our meal order, brought it out quick and correct, stopped by often to check on us, cleared our table quickly, and dropped the check right after that. She did such a great job she deserved more than just a bump in tip. On the way out I asked to speak to the manager and I'm sure he expected a complaint. He was very happy and appreciative (maybe even surprised) to hear a customer praise his waitress.
2008 Astra XR3 door 5sp - Silver Sand with premium trim, 18" rims, and advanced audio. (new owner as of 12/15)
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote