SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General

Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia

The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending June 30, 2007. Late responses could lead to further changes, but these are unlikely to be large.

For the 2007 GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook, I have an average of 2.8 months of data on 74 cars. The stat of 98 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.98 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2007 model.

This result is similar to last quarter, and based on far more data, so the Lambdas appear to have continuing reliability issues.

Examples of repairs reported:
Many A/C failures -- common problem area
Wipers stopped working during a heavy rainstorm, requiring a tow
Storage compartment lid mechanisms
Gas cap lanyard kept coming loose
Transmission leak
ECM replacement
Water leak
Driver seat track replaced because seat rocking

The results do not include recalls or reflashes. Including these would have substantially increased the reported repair rate for these vehicles.

I've been seeing lower repair rates for the Ford Edge and especially for the Acura MDX. The Audi Q7 and Mazda CX-7, on the other hand, have been experiencing higher repair rates.

It is possible that GM will sort these issues out, and repair rates will start to decline. Results will be updated in three months.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, I literally couldn't have done it without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results
truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
Driver seat track replaced because seat rocking
Interesting; I have the same problem, although I have not yet contacted service about it. Anyone else?
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote