JoshuaTree is on a distinguished road

Default I Say, I Say, I Say

Do you like the I say
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

I thought it was cute and it was definitely different from any other time I bought a car.
Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion
Old 03-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
monkeysl2
Advanced Member
monkeysl2 is on a distinguished road

what are you talking about?????

I think I totally missed whatever you are talking about, lol.
2005 SRT-4
Old 03-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

What he said ^^^
'00 SL2m- DD, 186K miles
'05 Honda CR-V- wife's DD and my upright bass hauler
'84 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk- toy
Old 03-20-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Mog
Mog is on a distinguished road

I wasn't aware that I was given anything....?
Old 03-20-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
JoshuaTree
JoshuaTree is on a distinguished road

The "I say" is what they give you after you buy the car. The salesman calls all the employees to wherever you and your car are. You count 3-2-1. In unison the employees shout out " I say I say I say (your name), I say I say I say Saturn." Clapping and whistling afterwards.

It's really embarrassing to the employees and the customer
Old 03-22-2004, 06:13 PM   #7
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Oh I miss that.....Saturn dealers no longer do that on delivery of new car, claimed it embarrasses the customers(buyers).
Old 03-23-2004, 02:11 AM   #8
tightsaturn96
Advanced Member
tightsaturn96 is on a distinguished road

That's old school "Saturn difference" sales right there!!!
Most dealers don't do it these days.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:12 AM   #9
cyphik
cyphik is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
Sad

As embarrassing as that sounds, I guess I'll never know.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #10
WHITE98SL2
Advanced Member
WHITE98SL2 is on a distinguished road

Its GM now and your lucky if you don't get a kick in the butt by the salesman after you buy your car. The Saturn dealership doesn't seem much different from any other dealership anymore.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Hence the deletion of the word "different" from the slogan now
Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #12
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Quote:
Originally posted by Qlara
Oh I miss that.....Saturn dealers no longer do that on delivery of new car, claimed it embarrasses the customers(buyers).
Is it me, or does Saturn come up with more ridiculous excuses for its "customer service downward spiral" everyday? When I got my '95 back in spring of '02, I got the "I Say", and got to drive it out and it was used car! When I got my '99 last summer, none of that, not even a key chain, although I got some cool freebies and they gave me a ride to the dealer when I didn't have one, so maybe they didn't feel the need to after that or something, I don't know.
But I guess thats just the difference between one of the oldest and the largest selling Saturn dealer,(Saturn of Clarence), and a dealer in a smaller market, (Saturn of 422). But thats pure conjecture as well, too.
Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion
Old 03-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #13
jeep4523
jeep4523 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

I worked at a dealership.....(don't do it, bad mistake on my part). We never did that. We showed them the basics again, opened the doors, and said don't let it hit your ass on the way out.

It was pretty obvious to me why customer service has dropped after working in sales for a little bit.....
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting that decision.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:32 PM   #14
R4V3N SP33D
R4V3N SP33D is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
1997 SW2

Yeah I was totally disappointed with my latest Saturn experience. When we first got the Saturn in our family it was great! The sales staff couldn't do enough for us. Service was impeccable and the manager went out of his way when I took over my mom's '93 to teach me the best ways to get performance out of the car. They took the standard picture with everyone around the car and because it got so late the day we bought it ordered pizza for us. We got the song and the balloons too

My second Saturn was a leased vehicle where the best I got was a picture with the new car. I ran into a lot of issues with the 99 SL that they leased me so I turned it back in for another owner to try.

The Saturn I currently own is all mine and they (the dealership that we have always purchased cars from. total now comes to 7 i think) knew it was didn't do squat. No hoorahs, no balloons, no picture. NOTHING. Needless to say I was wooed during the golden era of Saturn and when it came time for me to make my purchase I was greatly saddened by the lack of the Saturn style.

I really love my car but I am hesitant to take it in to the dealership for anything now. Not only is the dealership in the city I live in on the complete opposite side of town from where I live, they hardly inspire faith in me that they know what is going on. Routine maintenance is a hassle with them. I mean how difficult is it to schedule the proper mileage maintenance?

The day I get ready to get a new vehicle I am going to have to think for quite a while before I come back to the Saturn family
ud503j's fangirl :)
Old 03-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #15
97_Saturn_SL2
97_Saturn_SL2 is on a distinguished road

My girlfriend bought a new '03 L200 last June (got it out of state from a dealer in NW Indiana). They sang her a song, took her picture with the car, and a picture with the car and several staff members. She actually cried a bit, b/c it was her first new car. I thought it was cool as hell.

So some dealers still do it.

For those of you saying, "It's GM now, wah wah":

1) Saturn has always been GM. Get over it.

2) Do you really think GM wants to mess with the part of Saturn that everyone (owners, media, etc.) univerally liked, i.e. the service and sales experience? You can complain all you want that Saturn no longer has a stand-alone model (a topic for another discussion, which has been beat to death on this board). But I really don't think GM execs are sitting around saying, "Gee, you know, I think we should just stop treating customers well at our dealers. Let's encourage that." The whole Saturn concept was a way to change some of the way things were done, and that is most reflected in the sales experience (where Saturn has outranked even Lexus). Other brands, like Olds, tried to pick up on some of the ideas at their dealers. I wish more of them would do so. But to think GM is actively changing the buying experience, just because you are unhappy about the product change, is a bit of a stretch.
2005 Ion 2 Sport Pkg, 5 speed
1996 Camaro B4C, LT1, 6 speed
1990 Mazda Miata, 5 speed
Old 03-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #16
dschrader
Advanced Member
dschrader is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

White 98 SL2 and K-1, just curious when was the last time you were actually in a Saturn facility. Apparently it must have been recently because you seem to be experts on customer service.

As a past Sales Consultant and now Sales Manager I see a different story. True we don't do the "I Say". I was never a fan, a little to awkward and rediculous for me. However we do introduce every available member of the sales and service team at time of delivery, all cars are appropriately prepped (even if they are outside), and all questions are answered. I don't know about the experiences everyone else had but I can say that my average delivery ranged from 45min-90min from the time the customer walked in the door to driving off the lot.

I feel that as the customer left everyone of their questions were answered and they couldn't be happier. But I guess that's just me. Just trying to defend my company a little because I do have pride in how I work for and what I do.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #17
jeep4523
jeep4523 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

I defend the service side with a passion....the sales........lackluster and I've seen them treat the customers like dirt, literally, dirt that didn't know how to start up a car.

I'm probably going to go with a dodge, ford, or chevy for my first new car. I'm going to get a dodge for my next vehicle, an old school turbo dodge.......I wouldn't mind having an SRT4 either :-D
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting that decision.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #18
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

I didn't get the "I SAY"

BUT...All the employees gathered around me, introduced themselves, and shook my hand. I thought that was kinda nice.
Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 03-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #19
HiWire
HiWire is just really niceHiWire is just really niceHiWire is just really niceHiWire is just really niceHiWire is just really nice

2001 SC2

They didn't do anything when I picked up my car, or before when I bought it. But it's a good car, and I say hi to my sales guy when I'm in for service. They probably figured I didn't need the touchy feely stuff, since most young guys don't buy new Saturns.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #20
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

Voted "hated it" only because I had to participate in about every "I say" our retailer did. Ended up being 1-2 a day.

However, most every customer got a kick out of it, and both of the retailers in our group still do it to this day.

About 1-2% of customers hated the I-say, with the rest enjoying it as part of the "Saturn experience"

Whether it's in the ad-campaign or not, Saturn will always be "different".
Closed Thread