SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General

Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Phoodawg
Phoodawg is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Dizzy Pet Barrier for the Outlook

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Pet barrier that works well with the 2008 Outlook. I have a 95 lb German Shepherd and I have been looking at some options and of course I zeroed in on one but it seems a little pricey. Here is the link.

http://www.hatchbag.com/suvcargoliner_pet_barrier.php
Phoodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
tev9999
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Pet Barrier for the Outlook

I don't know that I would trust a mesh barrier with a GSD, especially if the dog is determined to get up in the front seat with you. I would think one paw could pull it down.

I installed my old bar style one in my Outlook today for the first time for a trip to the vet with my GSD. I have had it for years, through a Tahoe and Trailblazer. It is similar to this one. Note I have no idea about this vendor, it is just the first one I found on google.

It fits the Outlook better than the previous vehicles. It seems the headliner is tighter to the steel of the roof. In the other cars I had to tie it to the headrest to keep the dog from pulling it down. I would still probably do that for a longer trip, especially if I have both dogs in the back. The bars are adjustable up/down and can also extend. If you have captains chairs in the second row you might need the version with more bars to block low access.

It would be nice if GM offered a barrier that was hinged to the roof and could swing down when needed. It could be latched up against the headliner when not needed. Seems like it would be a simple option with big market potential in SUVs.
tev9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
HockeyMom
HockeyMom is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I used my bar style the other day too. When I put it in, the top seemed to want to go right over the air vents in the ceiling. Did you have that problem? I've been thinking about it over the past week - maybe I can just shift it to the left or right to avoid those vents.
HockeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Phoodawg
Phoodawg is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Actually the problem I have is there is a gap between the 3rd row seats(folded down) and the 2nd row seats. The gap forces me to put the barrier poles all the way down to the floor. and to get it in and out is a pain in the rear (and in the lower back). I just want something that can come in and out fast and with as little hassle as possible. I think I might try the net just because he's not that bad of a dog when he's back there and I don't think he would claw at it.
Phoodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
tev9999
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoodawg View Post
Actually the problem I have is there is a gap between the 3rd row seats(folded down) and the 2nd row seats. The gap forces me to put the barrier poles all the way down to the floor. and to get it in and out is a pain in the rear (and in the lower back). I just want something that can come in and out fast and with as little hassle as possible. I think I might try the net just because he's not that bad of a dog when he's back there and I don't think he would claw at it.
Is your second row seat pushed all the way back? Mine is right up against the back of the second row.

The uprights on mine are just inside and forward of the vents, so they must be a little narrower than yours. It did fall this morning going over a bump (no dog in back) so I may end up strapping it to the second row somehow. I don't like putting too much upward pressure on the headliner.
tev9999 is offline   Reply With Quote