saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General

Old 02-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
MHH
MHH is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Interested in an Outlook

Hi! We are new here and we were reading some of the posts on the Outlook. We have an L200 and are looking to upgrade to a larger car. We have three kids and space is getting tight. We will keep the L200 as an extra car. The one thing that we noticed was that most of the posts that we read had the gas miliage at the mid-high teens. We were hoping for milage in the mid 20's. Does anyone get that kind of milage? It is hard to go from the mid 30's to that kind of milage. Although we may have to adjust to it.
We have also compared many of the new "crossovers". Saturn seems to have the best so far. We would like to get the captain chairs for the second row and I can't believe the space between the second and third row. And behind the third row, it is better than the space in a minivan.
We still are not sure if we want to buy the first or second year production, although I really like the look of the 07. It sounds like many of the people on here are having pretty good luck with theirs.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
MHH is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Interested in an Outlook

10,000 Miles On My 08 Fwd Xr. I Love The Car But No Way Mid 20 S For Mileage. It Averages 20-21 In Warmer Weather. 19 In Winter.
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
MHH

2008 Outlook XE
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I think that we will have to forgo milage for the space. We live in the North and have a lot of snow. Does it handle well in the winter? I am used to front wheel drive. Is all wheel drive a better option or I should say worth the extra money when I feel that I am pretty confident handling a front wheel drive car?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

im sure awd would be great in the snow. with fwd i dont have any trouble. it slides a little bit when starting but its at lease as good as a fwd car. plus it has traction control, stability control, abs. its fun to try lose it in the snow and it just straightens itself out by itself.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
chipper49
chipper49 is on a distinguished road

We have just passed our one year anniversary with the 2007 Outlook AWD 3.6L. 13K miles. Silver Pearl w/ black fabric. Bought the made to fit interior floor mats, including the rear cargo mat. Large rooftop cargo carrier. High Intensity Discharge headlamps. Live in Maine, drive 20 minutes to work and back daily on essentially small town streets. One 5K road-trip last August. Four year old and two year old children.

Just last week, with my four year old in the car, I had to make very aggressive defensive maneuvers to avoid a Stop sign runner. The beast handled very responsively and kept us out of a collision and out of the ditch.

We have had no maintenance or performance problems. Daily gas milage avg 20. Trip milage was in the 22-23 mpg range. I use the manual shift feature on the transmission. Outlook has a surprisingly quite interior. I play music via my ipod plugged into the Aux Input to the sound system. very nice. Acres of interior room. Access to rear seat is great, accommodates small friends in car seats with no problem.

We have re-subscribed for OnStar Turn By Turn Nav. Having had OnStar, I would not now do without it. We don't have a separate cell phone.

Totally satisfied with the Outlook. Owned a VUE for 5 years previous.
chipper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
MHH

2008 Outlook XE
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Thank you for the info!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
HockeyMom
HockeyMom is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I would think with three kids you would want the bench seat in the second row. Then you can leave the third seat down most of the time and make the most of all the space in the back. Unless they are in car/booster seats, then they might not all fit in the second row. I only have two kids and we got the bench, I really like it.
HockeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
MHH

2008 Outlook XE
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

We had thought about that too. Then we would have more room if we had friends along, but my youngest two are boys and they are constantly bothering each other and their older sister. So we thought that the space between them would be nice and would also allow easier access to the back seat. How is the access to your third row with the bench?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

on the other hand ive always liked buckets in the middle with kids because they can get to thr back with messing with folding seats.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

I like the bench so that I can fold all seats down and be able to haul large items like a love seat or plywood. We have had friends use the 3rd row and there was no problem using the slide feature.

No problems on ice or snow with the FWD. I like it, my SW1 I traded in was FWD and had no problems in the mountains or flat land with slick roads. The Outlook handles even better with all the bells and wistles.
2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
HockeyMom
HockeyMom is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHH View Post
We had thought about that too. Then we would have more room if we had friends along, but my youngest two are boys and they are constantly bothering each other and their older sister. So we thought that the space between them would be nice and would also allow easier access to the back seat. How is the access to your third row with the bench?
It's real easy to get to the third row. When you have the bench, the middle seat has a part that folds down that has cup holders in it. You could use that to separate the boys when you need to, and still have the option to put one child in the back. I'm just amazed at how much room I have in the back with the third seat down. Way more than the Equinox I traded in.

I've also found that less stuff gets left on the floor with a bench seat. When I had captains chairs, the kids were always leaving things on the floor between the seats. I'm not sure why? Maybe it's just that they are older now (10 and 13, almost 11 and 14, actually) and don't bring along as many toys as they used to.
HockeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
MHH

2008 Outlook XE
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Thanks for all of the great thoughts. We will be going to look at a few in a couple of weeks. I think that we will be well prepared and will know what are options are.

Thanks everyone!