SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC
Default Aloha! Anyone else in Hawaii?

I've been a member here many years. Originally from California, and now living in Honolulu. My 1992 SC and I are enjoying the warm weather.
Would love to meet/network with other Saturn lovers here in Oahu. Just PM me.

1992 SC - TwinCam (Automagic)
Bought it brand new, and still loving it today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StarLady's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StarLady is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
Default Re: Aloha! Anyone else in Hawaii?

Hi StarLady,

Unfortunately, I'm not there (sigh). I was born on Oahu (Tripler Hospital) however, and have been back to the islands a number of times, over the years.

Right now I'm in Las Vegas (the one in Nevada ... not the one in New Mexico lol) but in a bit over two weeks I'll be moving to Arizona.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy your SC there or did it come with you, from California?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC

Hi, Mister Cee
Too bad you're no longer here...
I bought my Satty in 1992 in Los Angeles, CA, where it lived most of its life. Then we spent a few years in Oklahama, and now we're here in Oahu. I shipped it with Matson.

I'm kind of worried about the salty air...

1992 SC - TwinCam (Automagic)
Bought it brand new, and still loving it today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StarLady's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StarLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #4
Roy99
Roy99 is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me.

Refer:https://bubble-shooter.co free to play!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Roy99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Roy99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Roy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLady View Post

I'm kind of worried about the salty air...
I think the main part to worry about is the front subframe on the driver side. richpin used to have a video about oiling the inside, not sure if that is still available. There are other anti-rust options but apparently the key is that these tend to rust from the inside out from what I have read. Though it certainly does not hurt to protect the outside, too

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
Wacyeah
Wacyeah is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I've been a Saturn SL 1 (97 model) driver for 6 years now. I got it in LA when I was living there for my M.A. Program, and I shipped it via Matson to here in Oahu, when I started Ph.D. program.
I've replaced couple of things but I have only currently 43000 miles (it was around 23000 when I bought it) so it actually runs pretty fast.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wacyeah's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wacyeah reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wacyeah is offline   Reply With Quote