SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
FalconXR
FalconXR is on a distinguished road

Default Water Leaks???

I have the Outlook XR with the sunroofs and have noticed water leaks at the drivers side A-pillar; water leaks out at the air bag symbol after a rain. After a couple of days of heavy rain the water was leaking from the drivers side seat belt adjustment slide, airbag symbol on the A pillar, from the visor mount and the head liner above the drivers side, in front of the visor, was wet to the touch. The sunroof area is also wet to the touch when it is raining, and yes the sunroof was fully closed when this was all happening

Had it at the dealers today and they told me they couldn't find any water leaks.

Is any one else finding these issues?

Thanks.

Outlook XR AWD
Charcoal Gray
Black Leather w/ 2nd row Captain chairs
Loaded w/ everything but DVD and Nav

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FalconXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FalconXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FalconXR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Water Leaks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR View Post
I have the Outlook XR with the sunroofs and have noticed water leaks at the drivers side A-pillar; water leaks out at the air bag symbol after a rain. After a couple of days of heavy rain the water was leaking from the drivers side seat belt adjustment slide, airbag symbol on the A pillar, from the visor mount and the head liner above the drivers side, in front of the visor, was wet to the touch. The sunroof area is also wet to the touch when it is raining, and yes the sunroof was fully closed when this was all happening

Had it at the dealers today and they told me they couldn't find any water leaks.

Is any one else finding these issues?

Thanks.
Just drove 2,400 miles, some of it in the rain, and no leaks or moistness anywhere, including the dual sunroofs. We've had some serious thunderstorms here in PA while my Outlook was in the driveway and no leaks.

Next time you go back to the dealer, ask them for a water hose and a step ladder and show 'em. That's what I would do.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
FalconXR
FalconXR is on a distinguished road

We had a small thunder storm here today that lasted maybe about an hour. Well, I left a restaurant after the storm and as soon as I started driving I noticed a drip in the rear view mirror. I look behind me expecting to see it coming from the rear of the sunroof when water started streaming out of the second row over head lights, from the lens area. I looked further back and I noticed water streaks on the D-Pillars from the top of the darker moldings to the bottom. I drove straight to the dealership and pointed the areas out to the manager and he said he would have the service manager call me on Monday.

Hopefully it is not an issue with all Outlook and they can fix it easily but I would really hate to have a short in one of the many airbags causing them to activate while I'm driving.

Anyway, stay dry and watch out for the drips.

Peace.

Outlook XR AWD
Charcoal Gray
Black Leather w/ 2nd row Captain chairs
Loaded w/ everything but DVD and Nav

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FalconXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FalconXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FalconXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR View Post
We had a small thunder storm here today that lasted maybe about an hour. Well, I left a restaurant after the storm and as soon as I started driving I noticed a drip in the rear view mirror. I look behind me expecting to see it coming from the rear of the sunroof when water started streaming out of the second row over head lights, from the lens area. I looked further back and I noticed water streaks on the D-Pillars from the top of the darker moldings to the bottom. I drove straight to the dealership and pointed the areas out to the manager and he said he would have the service manager call me on Monday.

Hopefully it is not an issue with all Outlook and they can fix it easily but I would really hate to have a short in one of the many airbags causing them to activate while I'm driving.

Anyway, stay dry and watch out for the drips.

Peace.
Good for you, going straight to the dealer. Stay on 'em and make 'em fix it or give you a new one.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote