SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Brak
Brak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XE
2007 VUE 2.2L
Dizzy Picking up new Vue....OH NO!!!

My wife went to pick up her new Vue. She had e-mailed the day before and called the same day to verify all the things would be done.
So we get there, the car is out front and looks good. On closer inspection, they forgot the bumper pad, window etching and a pretty lousy detail job.
But the kicker, a nice baseball size dent in the rear hatch.
Boy, were they embarrassed.
General Manager was kissing butt big time. Agreed to add splash guards and a cargo mat for free. (Maybe should have asked for more?)
Body Shop was closed for the weekend so she is still driving the Relay they gave her. We are expecting the back piece to be replaced, not repaired, so it may take a couple more days.
As I was going to get the splash guards and mat anyways, I was not too upset. I was the understanding husband and my wife was the unforgiving B***h. I pretty much told the General Manger that she will be inspecting the car with a magnifying glass and will be very vocal to all her friends on how this works out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brak is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Ghostrider
Advanced Member
Ghostrider is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Picking up new Vue....OH NO!!!

It's cool the way it worked out, but if you had driven it off the lot the dent would have been yours. If they had detailed it they would have noticed the damage. They should spank the detailer unless the whole thing was on purpose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ghostrider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ghostrider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
Bullet
Bullet is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bullet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bullet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:17 AM   #4
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Somethings wrong at this Retailer. You might want to service your vehicle elsewere?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:05 AM   #5
cohocarl
cohocarl is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brak
....my wife was the unforgiving B***h. I pretty much told the General Manger that she will be inspecting the car with a magnifying glass and will be very vocal to all her friends on how this works out.
I think I would have been pissed off enough to demand a whole different Vue......or dealer. They were just hoping you didn't notice the dent. Now you have to wait for them to fix it. (I thought stuff like that only happens to me)
Hope everything works out for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cohocarl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cohocarl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
bvL200
bvL200 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

i would have requested another brand new vue, and not accepted the dented vue, even if they did add those things in for free and fix the dent for free. my parents went to go pick up their brand new f-150 last october; my dad was looking the truck over when it was dark, and he saw a huge dent in the rear panel. the ford dealership tried to add in things for free and fix it for free. my parents refused and wanted a different f-150. the dealership ended up finding one 2 hours away the next day. imo, you just bought a brand new saturn vue, even though it will look brand new when they fix it, it would still be in my head knowing that it has already had damage to it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bvL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bvL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bvL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #7
Laurence
Laurence is on a distinguished road

This shows complete incompetence on the part of the dealer. Obviously someone did not do their job by properly prepping and inspecting your VUE before you picked it up. I think I would have demanded another VUE because you don't buy a brand new vehicle and then have to have it repaired before it even leaves the dealer's lot. And I certainly would not trust the service department either. Buying a new vehicle is no fun anyway and when this type of stupidity happens it makes the process even more miserable. I'd also let Saturn know of this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Laurence's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Laurence reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Brak
Brak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

We have not heard from the Dealer today, which is probably a good thing.
I figure they could not pop out the dent and had to order a new back piece.
My wife is debating asking for a new car and changing the first payment date as it will be two weeks from the day we signed the papers until we get the car.
Hopefully, the dealer, if they are smart, will provide us a showroom quality car!!
Will keep you' all informed.
Thanks for all the support..........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
bvL200
bvL200 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

demand a new vue! i can't believe they haven't called you just to inform you of whats going on! i think everyone agrees, call them today and tell them you want a different vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bvL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bvL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bvL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

These things happen. They will fix it and it will probably look fine.
At any rate, I would not blame you one bit for swapping it for another... I'm anal retentive over anything like this... if they break the paint or repaint the new rear, it will never be the same as the rest of the paint. I'd demand a new VUE.

And I wouldn't pay for the Etching, either. It is pure profit for the retailer, and many police departments will do the same thing for little to no cost.

~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:29 PM   #11
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

I dont know if I would demand a new VUE but I would demand to see the work order from the body shop or bring a rubber magnet before delivery. This Retail sounds bad big time and I would not be surprised if you get a bondo job done on the old door.If you do please go elseware and report them to your local BBB after you call Spring Hill.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #12
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

The paint would be a bigger issue IMO. A repaint will never be as durable as the factory coating due to the fact that they cannot bake a repaint at as high of a heat. My hood is a good example... my factory hood made it 33K miles with 3 chips and no flaking, my hood post crash has 22K on it and looks like it has been through a war zone, and the paint flakes back away from chips if not touched up.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #13
2004NJVue
Advanced Member
2004NJVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL2

I had the same thing happen to my 2003 Ion3 when I purchased it. The car looked perfect when I signed the papers. When I came back to pick up the car (and yes it was the same car), it looked like someone had taken a hammar to two doors and the front bumper was scratched to hell underneath (like they pulled to close to a curb). There was also some tar (probably from their test drive) already behind one of the rear wheels. I pointed out the new flaws in the car and they took the pannels off another blue ion3 for me and put them on my car. They did that for the bumper as well. It looked like perfect job when all was said and done. I would have requested another, but mine was trucked in from about 6 hours away just so I could have a manual trani with a sunroof. Not many were made yet at that point. I went to a bunch of dealers to help me find the car and the only other one that could be found was one in a different color (that I hated) and was not as loaded as the one I purchased.

I was happy in general. The dealer also purchased my parents and I free lunch and dinner that day while they did the work on the car. They also detailed the car to make it look better than new. Then they also through in some gift certificates for sears (I think it was sears). I think they handled the situation well. Everyone makes mistakes in my opinion.

OhioVueBoy
My factory hood is doing exactly what your post crash hood is doing. It is showing all the stone chips from the highway driving and the paint is slightly peeling off at some of them. This is on a 2004 Vue (red) with almost 24k on it. Plus, my window cracked for no reason. My Ion showed relatively no wear, even after 70k (including cross country trips). Hardly any stone chips and no cracked or chipped windows.

Current: 2004 Saturn Vue V6 Awd (purchased new November 04) >130,000 Miles
1996 Saturn SL2 - 300,000 miles
Past Saturns: Ask me
Only live once, enjoy it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004NJVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004NJVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2004NJVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

If my windshield broke tomorrow, I would say it had a good run. It's been hit by quarter sized hail, hundreds of rocks, and I only have 2 small chips. It's peppered and pitted badly (its bad in the sunlight), but amazingly, this one hasn't shattered or cracked yet.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #15
Tollag
Tollag is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Remember that Saturn has a buyback program... I took full advantage of it when I picked up my first VUE- a red '04 AWD. There was a whine from the back of the car- probably the RDM.

My opinion is that you should take the car as long as they replace the hatch, and if in that first month anything at all goes wrong, request a buy back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tollag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tollag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tollag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:58 AM   #16
walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy
The paint would be a bigger issue IMO. A repaint will never be as durable as the factory coating due to the fact that they cannot bake a repaint at as high of a heat. My hood is a good example... my factory hood made it 33K miles with 3 chips and no flaking, my hood post crash has 22K on it and looks like it has been through a war zone, and the paint flakes back away from chips if not touched up.
~D.J.~
I must agree with Ohiovueboy,my second paint job on my hood at 12K has been prone to chipping much more than the factory orginal,but the rear hatch will suffer less abuse.The repainted ploymer fender and doors match and have held up perfectly.A lot depends whos doing the body work. My shop specializes in Saturns as they do all out dealers work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #17
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

If the paint's OK, Dent Wizard can usually do an undetectable fix.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #18
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL
If the paint's OK, Dent Wizard can usually do an undetectable fix.
I'm wondering where the dent is on it. If it is like mine was when some apparent drunk fatass POS got shoved into the back of my VUE, they won't touch it. That small indented accent strip at the bottom is no-man's land for them, apparently.

It really steams my clams when people can't respect someone else's hard earned property.

~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #19
Brak

2009 AURA XE
2007 VUE 2.2L
Mad Re: Picking up new Vue....OH NO!!!

The latest from the Dealer. The dent must be repaired and the rear door re-painted. The dent is located in the upper left hand side of the door as it meets the glass.
They promise it will look as good as new and we won't be able to tell the difference. I plan to park her daughter's car (same color and year) next to it and it better look exactly the same.
It won't be ready til Monday. For their sake, I hope the car has everything done as promised and looks perfect or my wife will be out for blood.

Note: They agreed to give us a copy of the workorder and a letter stating this will not affect the 5 year paint warranty.
I already e-mailed Saturn and will ask them to provide a letter stating the same.
If we are not happy, we will ask for a new car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brak's Reputation
Old 07-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #20
Jeff03Vue
Jeff03Vue is on a distinguished road

The dent removers can't do anything with a dent near an edge or seam.
It has to be right in the middle of the panel. At least That's what I was told,when I tried to have one removed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff03Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff03Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jeff03Vue is offline   Reply With Quote