SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #1
RustyJCNC
Advanced Member
RustyJCNC is on a distinguished road

Default Security Light non-stop blinking

My security light is on crack. It won't stop blinking. Blinks when I am driving, never goes off...any suggestions or an easy at home fix before I bring her in on the next oil change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyJCNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyJCNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #2
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Could be the computer (BCM or PCM not sure). Any other electrical things going haywire?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally posted by ricksLS1
Could be the computer (BCM or PCM not sure). Any other electrical things going haywire?
After having my air bag light go off like that, and the odometer going wacko, my guess would be the same.

Try checking all fuses related to "security" or "BCM" first. There are about 3 fuse panels to check. A trip to AutoZone to check codes won't help, as that would be a BCM issue, not a PCM.

Good luck. It sounds like a trip to the delaer.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

I just had my car in yesterday for the same problem. 2nd time. The first time they reset the codes and said everything is fine. The second time they adjusted a sensor and said everything is fine. One hour later, the security light was on again. I drove back to the dealer, and now they want to replace the BCM. I couldn't wait for the car so I'm having it done next Tuesday. They said I can drive it like it is until then. However, last night the car stalled immediately after starting it, two times. Then it was OK. I'm going to be driving my old Buick until next week. I don't trust the Saturn at this point. I do not want to get stranded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

That's weird sstar that they would tell you it's the BCM and then it would stall. The BCM doesn't control any engine functions, just things like security,lights,A/c, and stuff like that. I would get a second opinion.

If you do have your BCM replaced, remember to bring BOTH key fobs. They will need to reprogram these to the new BCM. The whole process of changing the thing out and reprogamming was done in a little over an hour for me.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Actually, this whole thing started a couple weeks ago. The car stalled once and the security light issue started at that point. It never stalled again until last night. So consequently, I never told the dealer about the stalling. Doesn't the security system cut the fuel supply in case of theft? Maybe it still could be the BCM. BCM, PCM, I don't know. I'm starting to get a sick feeling.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread