SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
Project 01SC2
Project 01SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Turbo Kits

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and i have not really found any up-to-date info on where you guys are getting turbo kits from or if any of you happen to make the manifolds and downpipes on the side.

Thanks, Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Project 01SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Project 01SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Project 01SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
codytheoutlaw
codytheoutlaw is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
1995 SC2
Default Re: Turbo Kits

well, if you want a turbo saturn you better start doing some research. building a kit yourself is about your only option. there are some people on www.sixthsphere.com who have some nice builds going if you want to see what all is involved in building one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codytheoutlaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codytheoutlaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codytheoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
travistuttle
travistuttle is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

First I would like to say search button does wonders and 2 read read and read and 3rd yes sixthsphere is a great site... with that being said I just want to mention that there is not alot readily available and alot of people end up fabbing alot of their own stuff especially the manifold for a turbo... it all comes down to keeping the ac if you dont want to then you can buy one easier than if you want your ac... me I'm extremely partial to mine even in the winter so theres no choice but to keep mine... 2nd of all I personally say dont spend alot on the intercooler buy one from a starion or a conquest and fab it to work with the saturn... but it all boils down to knowing what you want and what are your goals that helps too these engines are only good for 7psi max.... as far as the down pipe any decent exhaust shop can make one for you... anyways good luck

My street legal go-kart will kick you in the face...

Parting out an 98 sl2, pm me if you need anything

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/travisatuttle/wrecked%20car/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to travistuttle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help travistuttle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
travistuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
dream36realms
Advanced Member
dream36realms is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dream36realms's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dream36realms reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dream36realms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
SlowSC2
SlowSC2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by travistuttle View Post
these engines are only good for 7psi max....
omg no wai?

I guess I should have read that before I ran 13psi for like 6 months, then upgraded to a T3To4b 60 trim and ran 8-9psi for another 6 months... DAILY..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SlowSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SlowSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SlowSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
dragon370
dragon370 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

yeah thats a little, no, way out there travis. Mike's SL2 test car was boosting 20psi when it hit 340whp on the dyno.

new guy: 1) as has been said, you have better luck with this stuff on 6s 2) Mike (boostedsl2) makes the only good, complete kit; alphatuning.com

dream, you car isnt even done yet but maybe thats why you say that. telling him its too much work. lol

Brendan
1997 SC1- "Stacy" dk green, 5spd, Motegi, Kuhmo tires

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions, the Saturn will do as it damn well pleases.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dragon370's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dragon370 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dragon370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
codytheoutlaw
codytheoutlaw is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon370 View Post
yeah thats a little, no, way out there travis. Mike's SL2 test car was boosting 20psi when it hit 340whp on the dyno.

new guy: 1) as has been said, you have better luck with this stuff on 6s 2) Mike (boostedsl2) makes the only good, complete kit; alphatuning.com

dream, you car isnt even done yet but maybe thats why you say that. telling him its too much work. lol
new guy? you couldnt guess my name

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codytheoutlaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codytheoutlaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codytheoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #8
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytheoutlaw View Post
new guy? you couldnt guess my name
Haha. Is it Out? Or Law... nah...

Well, good luck, The...

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
SlowSC2
SlowSC2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
apple/=orange

Im talking stock internals.

Not forged stuff.

I think you should hit the newb forums yourself.

Stock internals have been proven time and time again to be good for 220-230whp.

I blew the stock headgasket before I broke any of the internals. And I don't even count the headgasket as an issue, as the engine had over 80k of boost run thru it.. On anything from 4-15psi and two different turbo's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SlowSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SlowSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SlowSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
dream36realms
Advanced Member

2001 SC2

Quote:

I never defend myself or squable on the web, however I think I need to here.

1. WTH do you know about it?

2. Cody has been around a long ass time, so I'd go with what he says.

3. Yeah my car isn't done! I wanted to give good advise, sometimes things are NOT worth the trouble. If I could go back and start over then yes I still would be doing this build, but I have been researching it a long ass time, and I still get stuck on ****. I have exactly 3 weeks to make this build work starting on 9June and I say don't do it because I had to put off other bills to get it running. There is no easy way around turbo's on our cars, there is always something unexpected, which is why I am in a hold patern waiting for parts I never thought I'd need, even with alot of research. Now please take a step back and enjoy the life you live because real men Do not Talk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dream36realms reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
travistuttle
travistuttle is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

ok let me clarify before this turns into a my **** is bigger than yours contest here

Quote:
omg no wai?

I guess I should have read that before I ran 13psi for like 6 months, then upgraded to a T3To4b 60 trim and ran 8-9psi for another 6 months... DAILY..
Generally speaking most of us like to only run 7psi for stock internals but if you feel confident than go for it... me personally I don't have the time to go in and fix anything I mess up... but awesome for you that you ran more!

Quote:

Stock internals?

... this kind of **** gives me a migrane right after work

My street legal go-kart will kick you in the face...

Parting out an 98 sl2, pm me if you need anything

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/travisatuttle/wrecked%20car/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to travistuttle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help travistuttle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
travistuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
dragon370
dragon370 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

no, i meant new guy as in the guy who started the thread. not taking about cody.

Brendan
1997 SC1- "Stacy" dk green, 5spd, Motegi, Kuhmo tires

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions, the Saturn will do as it damn well pleases.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dragon370's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dragon370 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dragon370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #13
Project 01SC2
Project 01SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

This whole project has stemmed from the fact that my buddy will not race my 81 camaro with his cobalt SS/SC anymore because he cannot win and will only race my saturn. HA, go figure.

It is pretty sad that most all of the research that I have been collecting all leads to twistec products which doesnt seem to exist anymore, at least the website anyways. Of course, from I have also seen, that sounds like a good thing. I have found a few sites through this forum that has been a little helpful, but I find it best to ask the people who have been there and done that. Thanks guys, at least this gives me a few good leads.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Project 01SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Project 01SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Project 01SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:43 AM   #14
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I have, from the beginning, set this car up to be N/A, but I plan on getting another to turbo or supercharge. 200 hp about is what I'm gonna aim for, I see no need to go higher. This will be able to be a DD, but waste pretty much any other DD. I kinda raced a WRX today, was not impressed. The only way I know it might beat me is on some twisty road probably wet. I'm sure a supercharger would give me the upperhand, though. Wow, a supercharged AWD saturn would own, though. When I'm rich, we'll see about taking on that project.

The torque on our cars is awesome, though. I gave my friend a ride home, and floored it on her street. She was kilnda scared, just how she was thrown back in the seat.

Hmm, a supercharged turbo car would be possible, I suppose. Another project for when I'm rich...

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #15
supernad
supernad is on a distinguished road

To further emphasise what travis had said...

OUr motors are only good to 7 or 8 PSI in stock form (No forged internals, no intercooler, no FMS).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to supernad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help supernad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
supernad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
d3ad1ysp0rk
Advanced Member
d3ad1ysp0rk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernad View Post
To further emphasise what travis had said...

OUr motors are only good to 7 or 8 PSI in stock form (No forged internals, no intercooler, no FMS).
and to clarify what SlowSC2 said, that's bull****.

Quote:
It is pretty sad that most all of the research that I have been collecting all leads to twistec products which doesnt seem to exist anymore, at least the website anyways. Of course, from I have also seen, that sounds like a good thing. I have found a few sites through this forum that has been a little helpful, but I find it best to ask the people who have been there and done that. Thanks guys, at least this gives me a few good leads.
Twistec sucked, be glad they're gone.

Turbo Kits:
http://alphatuning.com/saturnkit.html

Turbo Manifolds/Downpipes:
http://alphatuning.com/saturnmanifolds.html
http://sixthsphere.com/forum2/profil...ewprofile&u=17 - Sam
http://sixthsphere.com/forum2/profil...profile&u=1759 - Andrew

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to d3ad1ysp0rk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help d3ad1ysp0rk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
d3ad1ysp0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
whistler19
whistler19 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

I have also heard that alphatuning.com makes the best most complete turbo kits out there.
Checked out there site and I will be getting turboed sometime in the future.
With the t3/t4e turbo that comes in his kits I think your prolly only gonna wanna run 7 or 8 psi boost with stock internals

Yeah, BABY, yeah!!!

0-60mph in 7.9sec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whistler19's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whistler19 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whistler19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
whistler19
whistler19 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

you should be pushin somewhere around 200 hp or so with that or maybe close to it.

Yeah, BABY, yeah!!!

0-60mph in 7.9sec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whistler19's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whistler19 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whistler19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #19
dream36realms
Advanced Member

2001 SC2

Mike, made my Manifold and DP, you can see the mani on earlier post. Once I am completed with this build I will have piktars of the whole shiznit. I think the welds Mike put together for me look awesome, and the workmanship he put into it even better. As I strted putting it all on I noticed the little details and smiled when I realized he had to have put several hours into something so small. That's the price you will pay, the materials are cheap, but the quality and time are high. So I say for almost $1000 for my manifold/DP is worth every penny.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
sc2dave
sc2dave is on a distinguished road

remember kids,friends don't let friends buy from scdyne"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sc2dave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sc2dave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sc2dave is offline   Reply With Quote