SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
theunpaidBill
theunpaidBill has a spectacular aura abouttheunpaidBill has a spectacular aura abouttheunpaidBill has a spectacular aura about

Default 99 SL1 radiator fan

I have a 99 SL1 that has developed a cooling issue.

I am suspecting that it is the fan motor, but it's currently too hot to deal with, so I'm letting it cool while I do the same.

My next step is to test the power at the fan according to the Richpin video.

Assuming it is bad, what's my best source for a replacement? My handy-dandy Autozone app doesn't show a fan or fan motor specific to my Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to theunpaidBill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help theunpaidBill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
theunpaidBill is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 99 SL1 radiator fan

Pick-n-pull.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
Waiex191
Master Member
Waiex191 is a jewel in the roughWaiex191 is a jewel in the roughWaiex191 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
1998 SC2

I got a new fan motor from one of the 3 local places. It was pretty easy to replace and cheap too. If not AutoZone then it would be Advance Auto or O'Reilly's.

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

I replaced mine with one from Rockauto. $30ish for the Four Seasons brand one, made in Canada too. Easy to replace, takes about an hour or so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Based on my search results I have to assume your app is set to only show in-stock/in-store parts...

Radiator fan assembly: https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...22627_125074_0

Radiator fan motor: https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea.../129805_0_1264

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #6
454cid
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervak View Post
I replaced mine with one from Rockauto. $30ish for the Four Seasons brand one, made in Canada too. Easy to replace, takes about an hour or so.
I don't need one, but this would be my choice if I did. I've been running the Four-Season's/Unimotor HVAC blower motors in my truck. I've gone through several, but I've got almost 300K miles, and I run the blower a lot...leaves too the previous one out, so that was my fault.

2000 SL2 Automatic (back on the road) 17X,XXX miles.
1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 454cid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 454cid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
454cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:43 AM   #7
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Thatís he problem with four seasons and Autozone. You end up having to replace them every 50,000 miles or so. Itís really hard to beat the quality available at pick n pull. When you could still buy those originally they were over $100

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #8
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGary1 View Post
Thatís he problem with four seasons and Autozone. You end up having to replace them every 50,000 miles or so. Itís really hard to beat the quality available at pick n pull. When you could still buy those originally they were over $100

-Robert
Is ACDelco the OEM? If so, I will pick one up from Rock Auto for my stash so I can add to my magnetic collection.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

AC Delco makes nothing now, they are reboxers with maybe better qa.

I would jump on the VDO closeout deal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #10
theunpaidBill
theunpaidBill has a spectacular aura abouttheunpaidBill has a spectacular aura abouttheunpaidBill has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys! I'm going to test it later today to confirm it's the fan, then get one ordered.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to theunpaidBill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help theunpaidBill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
theunpaidBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
454cid
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
AC Delco makes nothing now, they are reboxers with maybe better qa.

I would jump on the VDO closeout deal.
AC Delco is GM. AC Delco could be something made by GM, or a supplier that actually made the original, or it could simply be what they're offering now, for an application.

1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 454cid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

AC Delco WAS GM but was spun off back in 2007. Now independent.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #13
454cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
AC Delco WAS GM but was spun off back in 2007. Now independent.
You're thinking of Delphi.

1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!