SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #1
JoeMama
JoeMama is on a distinguished road

Dizzy "Readiness Monitors Not Set" HELP!!!

Has anyone had a problem passing emissions because the PCM reports that the "READINESS MONITORS NOT SET" ?

I have a 97 SL1 w/156k +

The car runs great! However I have spent close to a grand trying to get the "readiness monitors" to set.

1st time I failed emissions the check engine light was on and they FAILED me right away. No problem. Had the codes checked and my O2 sensor and camshaft sensor were failing. No problem. Bought the sensors, replaced the old with the new and the check engine light was still on. Diconnected the battery for about 10 mins, reconnected and the light has been off ever since. Had the PCM checked for codes and no codes were reporting.

Went back to the emissions a 2nd time and they REJECTED me right away. They plugged into the PCM for about 10 secs to tell me the "READINESS MONITORS NOT SET". ok

Took the car to the dealer, they saw no codes but replaced the ignition module, pcv, plugs & wires. They said I 'passing with flying colors'
"REJECTED" AGAIN AT THE EMISSIONS OFFICE.

Back to the dealer, they scratched their heads and suggested the EGR Valve. I replaced the EGR, drove about a 1000 miles to allow the drive cycles to reset, took it back to the dealer, no dice! Same problem "readiness monitors not set"
Now the dealer's last suggestion is to replace the PCM!

I greatly appreciate anyone's imput/advise.

Sincerely,
Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JoeMama's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JoeMama reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links