SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Vue Called a "Luxury Impersonator"

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Saturn Vue Called a "Luxury Impersonator"

Quote:
From Cars.com: Like offseason cruises and Costco pinot noir, there are cars that prove you don't have to fork over big bucks to live the good life. We picked 10 models that are surprisingly luxurious for their humble badges, all of which can be equipped to impress for less than $30,000. They won't get you the valet treatment a Lexus or BMW might, but we bet you'll get a thumbs-up from the coworkers you take to lunch.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Saturn Vue Called a "Luxury Impersonator"

I didn't think anyone felt the 2008 VUE's new exterior styling was European. It's exterior shows a strong Asian like styling. With no badges a 2008 VUE would pass as a KIA or Hyundai. The new interior definitely has an Opel influence.

The Saturn Aura should be on the list. Don't tell Lutz, but the Aura is a bit more upscale than a Malibu.

The Hyundai Veracruz's interior is one that's similar to a Lexus. The Sante Fe's interior looks cheaper than a VUE. I do like both their exterior styling better than the VUE's.

IMO Buick is a LUXURY make, and not an Impersonator.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
04Vuesilver
Advanced Member
04Vuesilver is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

I consider all that a compliment. Just too bad the '04 interior doesn't match up

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Vuesilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Vuesilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Vuesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Some of us actually LIKE the more utilitarian early VUE interior. Other likeable things; polymer sides, liftgate, spare tire location, squared-off loading area, distinctive front end appearance ('02 - '04 only), lack of 'chrome' trim (idiot bait) inside and out ('02-'03 only).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
dindak
dindak is on a distinguished road

I love the interior of the VUE but the exterior is not nearly as nice as the old one. It's ok but I like the new Equinox much better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dindak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dindak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dindak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

It's great that the VUE, or Theta chassis, works out so well for so many people.

I heard the 05's headlights were unique to the VUE.

The 05 front end with the 06 interior would be a nice combo.

IMO the next generation theta will get everything right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
SinCitySaturn
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2

IMO Saturn has is all right with this Generation Vue as far as I am concerned,this coming from a former 04 Vue Owner. Kudos GM

Saturn Saved The Best For Last
Live for Nothing...Or Die For Something

2008 Vue XR 3.6
1997 SL2 Auto 110K miles as of 12-14-13
<-----2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
I heard the 05's headlights were unique to the VUE.
What do you mean?
The 2005 VUE headlamps featured silver headlamp surrounds, compared to the black/dark colored surrounds of 2002-04 VUEs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326 View Post
What do you mean?
The 2005 VUE headlamps featured silver headlamp surrounds, compared to the black/dark colored surrounds of 2002-04 VUEs.
When I was pricing new headlight assy's I found the 2005 VUE's headlight assy was different from the 2002-2004's on the list.

I did not know the difference was cosmetic rather than physical...

Thanks...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCitySaturn View Post
IMO Saturn has is all right with this Generation Vue as far as I am concerned,this coming from a former 04 Vue Owner. Kudos GM
There's always room for improvement. I'd like to see the interior and exterior styling smoothed down a bit, and more integrated. In several ways the 2007 VUE was better. Unfortunately with every redesign, you win and lose functional design elements.

i.e The side marker lights are separate on the 2008, where all other VUE's they were integrated into the head and tail light assy for a smoother more integrated appearance.

i.e. The map lights are now operated by buttons like a Hyundai, rather than a simpler more integrated design of just pressing the clear lens like most cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
SinCitySaturn
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
There's always room for improvement. I'd like to see the interior and exterior styling smoothed down a bit, and more integrated. In several ways the 2007 VUE was better. Unfortunately with every redesign, you win and lose functional design elements.

i.e The side marker lights are separate on the 2008, where all other VUE's they were integrated into the head and tail light assy for a smoother more integrated appearance.

i.e. The map lights are now operated by buttons like a Hyundai, rather than a simpler more integrated design of just pressing the clear lens like most cars.
Agreed it's not perfect, and every car or truck I have seen could be improved in some way or another IMO I think it's an awesome ride overall compared to "OUR" old 04 Vue. There are some here who won't ever like the 08/09 Vues. Different strokes for different Folks

Saturn Saved The Best For Last
Live for Nothing...Or Die For Something

2008 Vue XR 3.6
1997 SL2 Auto 110K miles as of 12-14-13
<-----2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I have never owned any of the previous year Vue's but I drove some a few times through the years. The exterior of the 08 grew on me. When it first came out I didn't like the back of it. It was different, but I didn't think the exterior of the older Vue's was anything spectacular either...it was actually kind of boring. Not bad or good. The interior IMO is far better than any of the previous years. Or maybe I should say the "styling" of the interior is better to me. I'm not a very picky person when it comes to cars though. I go with what feels right to me and what I like. Ultimately, a car is just that...a car. It's probably why I don't have an answer to the "What is your dream car" question. My dream car doesn't have a name. It has very simple requirements. I like it. I don't have to worry about much more than maintanence. And the big one...no car payments!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCitySaturn View Post
Agreed it's not perfect, and every car or truck I have seen could be improved in some way or another IMO I think it's an awesome ride overall compared to "OUR" old 04 Vue. There are some here who won't ever like the 08/09 Vues. Different strokes for different Folks
I'm hoping Saturn will go back to beating their own drum and not imitate their competitors. It's funny that the 2008 Saturn looked more Asian and stylish over function, and 2008 Hyundai looked more US in it's styling and functional.

When I think boring SUV's, Explorers, Trailblazers, and Durangos come to mind.

If you look at the 2002-2006 VUE's body lines, the complex curves in the fenders and the doors, you appreciate the detail the designers put into the design, while keeping the whole shape as functional as possible. The flowing lines of the hood, and curves in the roof. I appreciate how well the Red Line's aerodynamic body treatment blended into the body so it doesn't look like a body kit was bolted on.

The lift gate looks pure Chevrolet, but it's very functional. The odd number of roof ribs did not work well with the XM antenna placement... I replaced the plastic front grill with a chrome plated stainless steel custom mesh grill. The interior still needed a little more pizzazz...

So... I added an OEM Nickel finish kit to my doors and dash. I had to have those chrome trim rings on my door speaker... I added stainless steel door sill plates. I added chrome door handles, they look really good on the monchrome black VUE. I also put on the 3" coil loaded radio antenna, it really works well...

I replaced all the interior lights with white LED's. The diamond white 6000k HID retofit kits in the headlights and fog lights makes this VUE a pleasure to drive at night. I smoked the tailights and added LED lamps to both the brake, license plate, and tail lights.

Overall I'm very pleased with the upgrades with my VUE. My Saturn dealer saw it for the first time last month and they were very impressed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
04Vuesilver
Advanced Member
04Vuesilver is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Oh I love my '04 very much! I even have the '05 specific headlights on it too (yes, they are different, but simply cosmetic). I miss having the clear corners on the front. I'm glad there isn't much chrome on the car at all. The interior is just fine for me. I do like the newer interiors, but its not like I NEED it, although a nicer stock stereo would be nice (not needed, since I have a Sony in it now). One thing I would like for my interior though...leather with heaters. The cloth seats look nice, but they stain very easily.

I think it would be nice though, if I could get the VUE Street (?) body kit on my '04

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Vuesilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Vuesilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Vuesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
silversurfer13
silversurfer13 will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 2.2L

I am very happy with the 05 interior design..actually love it..the only thing i would change on inside is better quality in fabric..mine is absolutely awful..as in cheap...the outside is weird..some days it look fat and solid..other days it looks dorky...tough front end tho..but u have to admitt..the new ones look better on outside than older ones..dont u think?......(05 silver Vue 2.2L 5speed)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silversurfer13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silversurfer13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silversurfer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
SoCalVue
SoCalVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I've found myself strangely attached to my '04 Vue. Every time I go to look at other vehicles, I just can't pry my fingers off of the '04's steering wheel. Other than the rear suspension recall, mine's been flawless in over 4 years of operation. I like the size, the roominess, I like the seating position, I like the ride, I LOVE the engine/transmission, and I like the economy.

That said, I DO have some dislikes. I dislike the fabric & cheap plasticky feel of the interior (like the '06/'07 fabric & dash better). The modular assembly makes for a bezillion places to trap water, so a typical wash takes me 2-1/2 hours. I wish it was rear wheel drive & had a better turn radius, & wind noise is a bit excessive. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Currently, I'm just shy of 35,000 miles. Will probably use my tax refund to pay off the note (not much left). May have to try life without a car payment for a while, tho I'd love a G37 coupe in the garage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoCalVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoCalVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoCalVue is offline   Reply With Quote