SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
varunner7
varunner7 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn Vue Oil Change Soon Notice

I have a Saturn Vue (technically, a 2009, but I didn't see a thread for that) and I had a synthetic oil change 3000 miles ago. I had the change done before we went on vacation, so the car had not yet notified that I needed a change. So I don't think the oil change place reset the oil change notification, since it hadn't popped up yet.

Today the oil change soon notification came up on my dash. I'm wondering if it truly needs an oil change? It has only been 3000 miles, and I had synthetic done, so it should be able to go another 2000 miles or so, right?

Can I skip taking it in, or should I go ahead and take it? I'd prefer to wait a while but I'm not sure what triggers that oil change light (is it because it has been a long time since it was reset, or is it because the oil is truly old and needs to be changed?)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to varunner7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help varunner7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
varunner7 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Saturn Vue Oil Change Soon Notice

to reset turn ignition to on (not running) push accelerator to floor three times within i think 5 seconds and it will reset. dont go by light for next change as it wasnt reset when it should have been. keeps track of speed, time, rpm, temp, miles etc to decide when oil change is needed. since it wasnt reset id do oil change at 5k miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
Oscar Moreno
Oscar Moreno is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Saturn Vue Oil Change Soon Notice

Rule of thumb: Change your oil frequently.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Oscar Moreno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Oscar Moreno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Oscar Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote