SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Dobrosky92
Dobrosky92 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default check engine light code p0013

Hello I got a check engine light code p0013 and I was wondering what that code is and how to repair it. Please help me out thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dobrosky92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dobrosky92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dobrosky92 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: check engine light code p0013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrosky92 View Post
Hello I got a check engine light code p0013 and I was wondering what that code is and how to repair it. Please help me out thank you
Code P0013 description is small enough to attach here but steps to replace the camshaft position actuator are too large to post.

I'll email if you send an address - left click on my screen name to send PM.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2.4 DTC P0013.pdf (20.9 KB, 135 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
makomark11
makomark11 will become famous soon enoughmakomark11 will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 2.4L

We got the P0013 earlier this summer....pretty easy to change out.

Pull the airbox(?) off, disconnect the electrical connector, remove the bolt and out it will come...the o-ring will make extracting the old one a little challenge but not difficult.

be advised you will get a few ounces of oil when you pull the oil actuator...it would be good to have a small tin to put it in.

The new one was stocked at the local chevy dealer...about $55 (MSRP) if I remember correctly...you can get them mail ordered from some dealers for a lot less.

Don't wait too long to change it...the actuator not working correctly really hampers the economy as well as the performance...like a 40% reduction in fuel economy...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to makomark11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help makomark11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
makomark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
sam2017
sam2017 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Code P0013 description is small enough to attach here but steps to replace the camshaft position actuator are too large to post.

I'll email if you send an address - left click on my screen name to send PM.
hi far2grumpy i:m new here .. and can you send me a link for workshop service manual for satrun vue 09 .. if you can ..

Email el_bashkateb@yahoo.com

thank you in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sam2017's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sam2017 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sam2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2017 View Post
hi far2grumpy i:m new here .. and can you send me a link for workshop service manual for satrun vue 09 .. if you can ..

Email el_bashkateb@yahoo.com

thank you in advance
Iím sorry but I donít have a link to send.

I post information from a GM service manual DVD I found on eBay several years ago.

Iím not sure DVDís are still available but I know there are other online auto repair subscription services - such as ALLDATA.com.

Our local library provides access to ARRC online auto repair manuals so perhaps yours does too.

Let me know if you need data for a particular system or piece of hardware and Iíll extract and email the information.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
Oscar Moreno
Oscar Moreno is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

I changed mine (exhaust and intake), the p0013 code has not come back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Oscar Moreno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Oscar Moreno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Oscar Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote