SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
adam2887
adam2887 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL
Default flex pipe/ down pipe/ pipe... pipe

I had an exhaust leak coming from my down pipe (the braid rusted into holes). A friend was coming over yesterday and that would be nice little project so i would have liked the part yesterday. knowing i would pay a higher price at the dealership i called, so i could get the part that day. $900 before tax for the down pipe, i was glad i was not drinking anything or else i would have spit it all over the room. I gathered myself again and thought maybe he is including the cat, or the headers... or both! So i asked "this is the pipe that goes in-between the headers ant the cat, but does not include either". He says correct... well i got on ebay 20 minutes later and got one for $55 shipped, i will comment on the quality of the part when i get it. How could the downpipe be in many cases the same price as the same Saturn i was putting it on?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adam2887's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adam2887 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adam2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
CP3
CP3 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: flex pipe/ down pipe/ pipe... pipe

That's crazy! I paid less than that for my car 3 years ago!! I would love to hear about the quality as my SC1 is right now sans mufler and the rest of the exhaust isn't far behind! To top it off it has to pass emisions this year before October.

CP

06 Pontiac G6 GT
06 Pontiac G5 GT
RIP - 1994 SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CP3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CP3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote