SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 08-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #1
2007ion4door
2007ion4door is on a distinguished road

Default Anti Theft

I have tried everything and my 2007 Saturn Ion will not start due to anti theft...i tried the relearn, remove battery, replaced ignition switch, and all....when i go to turn on car, it will not respond and Anti theft light stays on...any other adviice or ways to fix, i have heard of toggle switch
2007ion4door is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Anti Theft

1-Review you owner's manual about GMs anti theft system and how to interpret the security indicator. If I'm not mistaken, there are four(4) modes of security indication; off, on, blinking slowly, flashing quickly.

2-Are you using your remote(s) to Lock/Unlock doors?

3-With ignition off, what mode is security indicating?

4-With ignition on, what mode is security indicating?
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
2007ion4door

Not using remote, i didnt see in the manual where it says that...it flashes the moment i try to start the car and it stays on. Its not on when key is in the ignition.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

To review your descriptions, turning the ignition key to ON/RUN position shows security first flashing then remains ON? If yes, security remains on (not flashing), Passlock security isn't the issue.

When replacing the ignition switch, did you perform the 30 minute relearn procedure? Three 10 minute ignition On cycles with the fourth cycling of ignition off then ON should result in security remaining off and allowing startup.

When security remains ON (steady light) with ignition on, GMs Passlock anti theft system detected a fault and disables itself from interfering with starting. Security remaining on means the anti theft system is disabled from an internal fault. Your Ioin should start without Passlock theft protection.

When Passlock security continually flashes with ignition off, on or during starting, Passlock is actively disabling the starting circuit (and possibly disabling injectors). Disabling the starting circuit prevents most thieves from driving the car away.

The starting circuit isn't conventional where 12v from the ignition switch is sent to the starter for starting. A low voltage signal is sent to the engine computer to command the starter, similar to many vehicles using push button starting. Electronic starting and a little more sophisticated, requiring electronics knowledge of electrical/electronic circuits along with knowledge of factory security systems.

You may have to review and attempt another relearn procedure for the engine computer and body control module to 'learn' the replacement ignition switch and/or search past threads within these forums about it and wiring of the electronic starting system.

Under normal conditions the security indicator turns on then off at ignition on time. When it remains on, security is disabled semi permanently and does not interfere with starting/driving. This seems to fit our descriptions and may be either an electronic or power problem.

Please be more specific in descriptions. Stating "key is in the ignition" means one of several modes - OFF, ACC, ON, START.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #5
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Have you already tried this 30 minute procedure...
https://itstillruns.com/reset-securi...n-6332326.html
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #6
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

You might want to check the integrity of the ignition switch wiring from the switch back to the BCM.
This video shows the toggle switch installation on a 2004 Ion. It's likely similar to yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYN-5iHg6x4
On my 2000 SL1, I cut the white wire (didn't install the toggle switch) so I could use a remote starter. Afterwards it remote started without the key but if the battery was disconnected the car wouldn't start until I re-joined the white wire so the key could be read in the ignition again. Once started I could disconnect the white wire while the engine was running and the remote start would work again until the next time the battery was disconnected.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #7
2007ion4door

I tried the toggle switch video also no results, yried to relearn with the swith in the run position still didnt work...i have no clue now. During the telearn i tried leaving in the on position and tje antitheft ligh never turns off on the second part of the process.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #8
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007ion4door View Post
I tried the toggle switch video also no results, yried to relearn with the swith in the run position still didnt work...i have no clue now. During the telearn i tried leaving in the on position and tje antitheft ligh never turns off on the second part of the process.
The toggle switch trick only has any effect if you can get the car started.
Is there a + sign in a circle on your key? If it doesn't it's not a transponder key and will never be learned by the security system. If it does you may have a defective transponder chip in the key. Perhaps you can get a new transponder key and have it cut and try again.
If that fails it looks like you are down to replacing the BCM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transponder key.jpg (14.3 KB, 1 views)