SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 11-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
oldmanina2005vu
oldmanina2005vu will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line
Default 2004 Vue Airbag light on constantly!!

Back in the summer I started getting an intermittent airbag light on. It didn't seem to be linked to any specific condition. It just would come on and then for no apparent reason it would go back out. A couple of months ago it came on and stayed on. I suspected the clockspring had failed even thought the horn and cruise control worked fine. I replaced the clockspring and the problem still persists. The SRS system seems to work fine going through it's diagnostic sequence when the key is turned on. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and how was it fixed. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the 2004 2.2L automatic SRS system. I can't seem to lay my hands on one online and not in my Haynes manual. Oh and this car does not have a seat sensor for the passenger seat. I have checked the fuse in the interior fuse block and checked and cleaned the plug on the driver seat. I also checked the plug on the SRS module under the console and it looks fine. The Airbags on this car have never been deployed.
oldmanina2005vu is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2004 Vue Airbag light on constantly!!

I had airbag light a few years ago ... "B" codes will be set and my local mechanic told me the SDM had died. SDM (sense and diagnostics module) - bolted to floor under center console had some sort of problem. He found a used one and had reprogrammed with my VIN. I believe it ran around $300.

BTW ... after the fact I found several eBay vendors that can repair, reset and reprogram SDM for ridiculously prices - if true.

I've attached a few service manual extracts - in no particular order - which might be useful.

See post 2 of following thread for previously posted SIR circuit diagram:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163593
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 04 Vue - DTC B0026 Description.pdf (98.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - Ckt Malfunction.pdf (42.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - Symptoms.pdf (26.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - SIR Discrp & Ops.pdf (67.0 KB, 5 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
oldmanina2005vu

2004 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line

Thank you sir!! I will try shaking this problem out tomorrow and this information will be very helpful. It is puzzling to me that the SRS module would fail intermittently. I will let you know how this pans out.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

oldmanina2005vu, can you find a reader that decodes airbag errors? This can be either difficult or easy, depending on who has a reader capable of decoding airbag error codes. At the least, GM will always have a reader but a fee is usually charged. As reported by members, Autozone upgraded their readers so abs error codes are read. Previous readers were not capable. No one here reported any auto store with capabilities to decode airbag codes yet. In addition to auto parts stores, repair shops may have high end scantools capable of decoding airbag codes. You may have to call around.

Below is a service bulletin about airbag wires chafing, making steering column noises.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Service Bulletin-1.jpg (123.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Service Bulletin-2.jpg (149.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Service Bulletin-3.jpg (111.4 KB, 6 views)
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
oldmanina2005vu

2004 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line

Wow, wasn't aware of this service bulletin. I did replace the clockspring so that shouldn't be the issue. I went out and looked at the old one I took out which I had kept and didn't see any wires damaged. Thanks for the information.