SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
Kendal
Kendal is on a distinguished road

Default 2000 LW1 Speakers

I don't know much about car stereos and speakers, so hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction.

About 9 months ago I bought a 2000 LW1 from its original owner. He had installed an aftermarket in-dash CD player. Soon after I bought it the speakers on the driver's side started cutting out. To make a long story short, the speakers randomly cut out from side to side and front to back. Sometimes switching the door locks on and off will help them all cut back in for a few seconds, but it's not long before the same problems start happening again. Also, the sound coming out of the speakers is sometimes "fuzzy".

I think the aftermarket CD player is going to have to be replaced. It has a CD in it now that it will not eject. Also, when the temperature outside is extremely hot (95 degrees +) or cold (35 degrees -) the entire CD player randomly turns on and off.

My question is, what should my course of action be? I'm not an audiophile, but I would like to be able to listen to some music or the radio while I drive. I also don't have a lot of money to pour into re-wiring the whole car. Furthermore, we will probably be selling the car within two years, so I need something more than a quick fix, but not quite an entire overhaul.

Any suggestions on where to start and how much it might cost to fix the problem(s)?

Thanks,

Kendal
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
AnotherSaturn
AnotherSaturn is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1995 SW2
Default Re: 2000 LW1 Speakers

If the CD player is being stupid start out by replacing that. Get a good quality head unit for its replacement (Pioneer, Sony, etc). Have it professionally installed if you don't know how to do it yourself. I would venture to guess if that doesn't solve the problem of the audio cutting out, then there's probably some loose wires.

Start out with the head unit (needs to be replaced anyway) and let us know if that fixes your problem.
AnotherSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote