SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Dragon88Tango
Dragon88Tango has a spectacular aura aboutDragon88Tango has a spectacular aura aboutDragon88Tango has a spectacular aura about

Default Head light and Radiator Support Replacement

About a month ago, I hit a deer out here in rural SC. I busted the right (passenger) headlight plastic cover, bent the hood, and bent the radiator support (the part that the hood locks into). Headlight replacement and hood are pretty straight forward but I was wondering if anyone has any insight on replacing that support. Any links, pics, diagrams, etc are greatly appreciated TIA
Dragon88Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really nice

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Head light and Radiator Support Replacement

I am no body expert but I would say you would have to cut one out of a junked car then cut yours out and mate the junkyard piece to you car and weld it on. How bent is yours? you may be able to heat it with a torch and hammer it back to being close to original.
Dsaturn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I researched your previous threads to find which year model L-Series you had. It would simplify things if you'd go into the User CP and add in your Saturn car information so that it would appear underneath your login name.

I don't have time to study this off of my own car or dig into the repair manual at this time. However, the part picture in the link below suggests that it may be a bolt on operation. A careful examination of your car may reveal what needs to be done.

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-p...r-support-scat
332,000 miles - Holy canolli!
A leftist, deep-stater will get the nomination for POTUS. What follows if he gets his way? A bad economy, weak military, increased terrorism and a greater RED CHINA.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
02 LW300
Advanced Member
02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

That piece is welded in, how bent is your car. It only mounts the headlights and supports the radiator. It can be bent back close enough easily.
2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car now with KYB struts and adjustable rear control arms.
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I recommend you take to body shop to get a real evaluation of what needs to be done and what can be self fixed before going farther.
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

That piece is spot welded on. take the fenders off and you'll see where it is joined to the body. Harbor freight sells drills that cuts just the welds off. Harvest that piece and do it again to the other car. Tedious work but after you burn thru a few drills, you'll get the hang of it. The feeling when you look at the car all done is amazing. No one will see the welds cause the joints are under the fenders . I have three SL radiator supports hanging in my barn waiting for recipients. Good Luck
Tom Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote