SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 04-24-2018, 11:10 PM   #1
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Lock cylinder availability

I just found out that the Vue and the S lock cylinders were the same thing! I looked at my dead Vue that is in line for some TLC, And The dash setup looked formidable. like it would be a bear to take apart. Guess what! the lock cyl in the Vue comes out like some one actually gave it some thought. A couple of wrenches and about ten minutes, if you are a smoker.
I used - 5.5 mm nut driver, 10 mm nut driver, 10 mm open end wrench, Battery powered nut driver, Odd picks. The top of the steering wheel shroud picks off. Three 5.5 mm screws drop the bottom part. Drop the steering wheel down and if you're not careful the 10mm bolts holding the cyl on will fall into your hand. A couple of wire molexes and you are done.
It's so nice to get to the source to harvest and have some time to experiment. There was one S in the yard and 5 Vues, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Now I can throw away my collection of lock cylinders that have no key.
Tom Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Lock cylinder availability

FYI - I posted an easier way to pull the S lock cyl a while ago. No pulling steering wheel, clock spring , etc, etc. If anyone can't find it I'll see if I can get it posted here.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Normally you just release the cylinder. Just push the button below with they key in accessory position and it slides out. A/c delco sells new cylinders with wafers to key it.

-Robert.
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Tom Walsh

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Sorry I meant the Ignition assembly.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
Tom Walsh

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

And again I was wrong yesterday. The S and the Vue Ignition assembly are not identical. I checked that out today. The Vue assembly does connect to the S harness and clears passlock. My 2001 SL2 did start and run. The problem comes with mounting. The Vue Assembly has a larger bore and the bolt holes do not match with the S series attachment bracket. I did drill out some holes and it seems like it would work. I had to go back to work, so I'll have to revisit this as soon as time permits. Sooner than later hopefully.