SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
sherman
sherman is on a distinguished road

Red Face follow up why they service can never find anything worng

Okay I contacted the Saturn customer service center using their 800 number like someone on the panel suggested.They took down all my info regarding how I am being treated and how they don't fix things and send you packing even though you can hear the problem.As they mentioned each Saturn dealership is owned seperately ,They do send out reps to check dealerships and will address my concerns .They can't really do anything but apologize for my problems.
I also contacted my saturn dealership .Wanted to speak to the service manager not availabel.tried the general manager not available finally gave me the finance manager.He totally stuck up for the service dept.saying alot of people are too picky and find every little fault.I told him that was not true in my case.My windows do scrape going back up and I already had a tech look at them even though I had to return the next day,since they didn't fix them correctly in the first place.It seems like I'm being taken over a barrel.What else can I do?
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2003, 03:16 PM   #2
AZguy
Advanced Member
AZguy is on a distinguished road

If available, try another dealership.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
sherman
sherman is on a distinguished road

There is no other dealership nearby.Believe me if there was a close one I would go there in a second.Thanks for replying
Old 06-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #4
Kurt_Bennett
Kurt_Bennett is on a distinguished road

Your first mistake was going directly to saturn customer service before you gave the service and sales managers a chance at the problem.

Your second mistake was bringing the finance manager into it. What do they know or care about the service side of things? Nothing.

Wait for the Service manager to return and have him get in the car with you along with the lead tech or shop foreman and try to duplicate the problem. Sometimes with a noise or what have you that is sometimes there, sometimes not, its very hard for anyone to do anything about it. The noise has to be duplicated in order for work to be done. So, it may happen to you as soon as you turn out of the dealership, but if it doesn't happen while its there, oh well.

One thing too, you'll get a whole heck of a lot further if you keep your attitude in check.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be angry. I'm only saying that a little forced tactfulness on your end will get you better results.

If this doesn't help, bring in the sales manager and THEN go to saturn customer service.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

Hello Sherman,
I'm surprised that you are having issues with Saturn of Danvers. They have always been a good store in the past. I've worked with the lead tech there on and off for a few years. They used to be in our family of stores. If you want to travel south of Boston, We are located in Norwood. about 2 miles swouth of 128 at exit 15B. Sometimes a temporary change of facilities can be helpful. I'd be happy to check out your concern. If you decide to make an appt. When you come in request me and I'd be happy to check out the car with you and see what we can do to adress your concern

Ernie Watson
Lead tech
Saturn of Norwood
~ If it worked before you messed with it, it must be something you did ~
Old 06-14-2003, 06:51 AM   #6
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

If you don't want to make the 128 loop, there are a few facilities in your general area. Saturn of Medford, Saturn of Lowell, Saturn of Nashua in NH, Saturn of Natick on Rt9 in Natick
~ If it worked before you messed with it, it must be something you did ~
Closed Thread