SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2
Default Where do all the Saturn Employees go now?

This is a great question that is being asked all over the country right now. Not just in the ranks of Saturn, but by 10% of the population. What/where is my next job?

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that if you are an Engineer within GM and specifically Saturn we have a LOT of engineering jobs here in the high-desert of southern California. AND before you say no, take a look at the real costs associated with living in norther LA county and/or San Bernardino County.
Engineers make $55K starting salary and highly experienced can make 6 figures.
Houses even in Lancaster/Palmdale are going for $150,000 on average with lots of foreclosures for under $100K.
Crime is at an all time low and down 22% in the last 2 years.
Population density is low with many parts of town available for horses and other farm animals.
SBD has a lower sales tax rate and even lower home costs too.

Both are located in general populations of 200K-500K and 45 minutes from LA or the IE separated by mountains that block the smog 90% of the time.

Beaches are 45 minutes away, skying is 45 minutes away, amusement parks (6 flags) are 45 minutes away and LA traffic 45 minutes away.

General Atomics Aeronautical has 300+ jobs here
Northrup has Jobs here
Lockheed has Jobs here
NASA has jobs here
JT3 Has Jobs here
There are 3 Solar power farms going up and will have jobs soon

The point is that I'm not a head hunter, but I sit here at work day in and day out over-extended. We need use a Sr. Engineer/Manager and have for almost a year now. We need a Testing Tech/Engineer. We have a new UAV ramping up and production of our existing products ordered for the foreseeable future and we have job openings.

I feel bad that people are loosing jobs more than I'm upset about Saturn, but this I can do something about.

I don't want to turn this into an advertisement and have it removed by Charlie so I haven't included any links, but you can find available positions by searching the respective sites.
I don't speak for General Atomics, but I can forward any resumes to HR (although it's the same as submitting it online)

If you are a Professional and are looking for work or you work for a company that has openings maybe you can post basic information here and help some of our community out.
SCDYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links