SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 12-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default strut mount noise?

front end is making noise on washboard type ruts. i had previous vue where i changed struts but not top mounts and noise remained. changed mounts and noise was gone. got different vue and it has new struts. same noise. end links and bushings are good. i took out strut and see spring is new and i think mount is new. so, new strut assy's installed? hate to chase my tail here. i put strut back in. not a hard job but it is a pain if i accomplished nothing. should i get new mounts to try and fix issue?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
jco35
jco35 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: strut mount noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
front end is making noise on washboard type ruts. i had previous vue where i changed struts but not top mounts and noise remained. changed mounts and noise was gone. got different vue and it has new struts. same noise. end links and bushings are good. i took out strut and see spring is new and i think mount is new. so, new strut assy's installed? hate to chase my tail here. i put strut back in. not a hard job but it is a pain if i accomplished nothing. should i get new mounts to try and fix issue?
I would. I replaced my original mounts at 80k with new Delco's when i replaced my shocks and struts. I'm kicking myself for not re-using them. The 'new" mounts started make noise after a month. Now i have to redo the job and replace the mounts. Hope the new set last longer.
jco35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: strut mount noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco35 View Post
I would. I replaced my original mounts at 80k with new Delco's when i replaced my shocks and struts. I'm kicking myself for not re-using them. The 'new" mounts started make noise after a month. Now i have to redo the job and replace the mounts. Hope the new set last longer.
this is the stuff of nightmares for me. you'd expect the Delco's to be flawless. is there any chance they were counterfeit?
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote