SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 03-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
bromli
bromli is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Tail light wire burned

The passenger side brake light wiring on my 00 LS1 is a bit black around the end. The connection seems to be fine although the light is becoming a bit sensitive to bumps in the road. The light itself works and the bulb shows no signs of damage, but I am curious as to what could cause this issue. I have a similar problem with the rear facing dome lights.

The door activated bulb receives a lot of heat and creates burn marks on the glass. Just like the brake light, it works fine but is producing a lot of heat. What could be causing these issues with my light? I can ignore the wacky dome light, but I need to figure out what is going on with this brake light.
bromli is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Tail light wire burned

Sorry to respond to an old post. You probably found out that this was a recall problem. Pretty sure I remember that. I used an 02 and that worked.
Tom Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
bromli
bromli is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walsh View Post
Sorry to respond to an old post. You probably found out that this was a recall problem. Pretty sure I remember that. I used an 02 and that worked.
I assumed that recall work was done by the previous owner, but it is entirely possible that the work was done and replaced with yet another faulty GM OEM socket. The ones I bought as a replacement seem to be identical to the burnt out ones, so I guess the third time is the charm.
bromli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #4
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

That compliance list is probably still around somewhere, but why bother If it works. One I did was totaled by ins. Also blew air bag light for no apparent reason. I changed the module ,and flashed it. Never could find out why the module was activated. Its over two years now and my daughter is still beating it to death.
Tom Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote