Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 11-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
droveavolvoonce
droveavolvoonce is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
1993 SC2
Default Hood weatherstrip question

Hi, folks!

I'm trying to fix a continuing leak problem - into the footwells (passenger side typically and sometimes the driver side). I know this is a common issue that people are having, but I think I've tried the usual fixes.

I've replaced the oval seal located under the hood on the passenger side and the sunroof drain lines are attached and seem to be working adequately.
I confirmed today by pouring water down the windshield that water wasn't flowing around the under-hood seal.

Is there supposed to be a weather seal attached to the rear lip of the hood (the part that abuts the windshield)? Do I have some kind of seam problem somewhere under the passenger fender?

Thanks in advance!

-daVo
1995 SC2 Plum 4-Disc 5SPD $1495 2.17.10 (111K to present)
1993 SC2 Silver 4-Disc Auto $1500 8.2007 to 2.2010 (195K-ish JY R.I.P. 5/7/10)
droveavolvoonce is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Hood weatherstrip question

Two things might be your problem, the HVAC box drain is plugged, see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxX16Q2edc And/or the rubber sealing strip is missing off of the front lip of the cowl. That is the edge in front of the oval opening, there is a rubber sealing strip that goes all the way across the cowl front.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
droveavolvoonce
droveavolvoonce is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
1993 SC2

Thanks Oldnuc!

The cowl seal is definitely there, though it doesn't seem to cling on all that tightly on the passenger side. Will have to look into the HVAC box drain situation.

Unfortunately that video has been yanked.

-daVo

p.s. Is the seal the one listed as 'insulator seal' on saturnparts.net? The picture makes you think it's attached to the hood...
1995 SC2 Plum 4-Disc 5SPD $1495 2.17.10 (111K to present)
1993 SC2 Silver 4-Disc Auto $1500 8.2007 to 2.2010 (195K-ish JY R.I.P. 5/7/10)
droveavolvoonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

The read down through the rest of the posts and you will find the update. They are all listed in the first sticky post in the How-To Library forum section. Or Just search for richpin06 on YouTube. There is one there.

Have no use for saturnpats.net.... The part is listed as Seal, Hood and that is it.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by droveavolvoonce View Post

Unfortunately that video has been yanked. -
Sorry about the inconvenience of the video with the dead link.From time to time i will update my videos for one reason or the other all in the hope of making them better.If you do come across any with dead links do what OldNuc mentioned and go to the end of the sticky and you should find the updated video there.Here is the updated video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VdFRDdgvA
http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote