SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 03-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
spacer7767
spacer7767 is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Saturn Ion 2 - High Beams Work, Low Beams Do Not.

Hello,

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion 2. Yesterday, my low beams stopped working, but my high beam do. I have checked for blown fuses, and found nothing wrong. I replaced both headlamps, and still have only high beams.

The low beams worked fine on the previous evening, with no dimming or flickering.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?
spacer7767 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 2006 Saturn Ion 2 - High Beams Work, Low Beams Do Not.

Welcome to SaturnFans, spacer7767!

Presuming you have no wiring problems, there are two other components which could relate to the loss of the low beams functioning: the headlamp relay and the headlamp/turn signal switch.

When you turn on the headlamp switch do the parking lights, and/or running lights go on or not?
333,000 miles - Holy canolli!
A leftist, deep-stater will get the nomination for POTUS. What follows if he gets his way? A bad economy, weak military, increased terrorism and a greater RED CHINA.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Bradb76
Bradb76 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same issue and yes when I turn on my lights my parking lights do come on
Bradb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:02 AM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

As I look back on this original message and reconsider it I'm more inclined to believe that there is a faulty headlight switch here. It seems to me that if the relay had failed there would be no headlamps functioning at all.

BTW, do IONs have Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)?
333,000 miles - Holy canolli!
A leftist, deep-stater will get the nomination for POTUS. What follows if he gets his way? A bad economy, weak military, increased terrorism and a greater RED CHINA.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
Earth2006
Earth2006 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
As I look back on this original message and reconsider if I'm more inclined to believe that there is a faulty headlight switch here. It seems to me that if the relay had failed there would be no headlamps functioning at all.

BTW, do IONs have Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)?
Yes and No. You can technically, manually, turn on your yellow parking lights and run these as your daytime running lights (as was designed). As this was what most folks used as daytime running since they were more noticeable than white lights from that time period. However, take note, that in a few states, even though this was by design, it is still a big "no, no" to drive with your parking lights on (which in my opinion is silly).
I am not a mechanic but I am willing to learn. If I honestly believe it is over my head, I'm smart enough to seek one out.
Earth2006 is offline   Reply With Quote