SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default 2008 Saturn Astra Road Test Photos

A new image entry has been added:

2008 Saturn Astra Road Test Photos

Quote:
Peruse photos from the 2008 Saturn Astra road test event. After you've seen all the pictures, read SaturnFans.com's Astra test drive review.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Greenhornet
Greenhornet will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Devil Re: 2008 Saturn Astra Road Test Photos

I can't even begin to express how sick i am of seeing red Astra 3dr and silver 5dr vehicles. These are not bad colours in their own right, but show something different for a change. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greenhornet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greenhornet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Greenhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Jamis
Jamis is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Saturn Astra Road Test Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet View Post
I can't even begin to express how sick i am of seeing red Astra 3dr and silver 5dr vehicles. These are not bad colours in their own right, but show something different for a change. Thanks.
I have noticed that there is not one picture published of an Astra in black. None of the dealer pubs show it either, even the marketing books for the salesmen, which I got to look at yesterday. Now I know black does not show very well in print, but it can be done. I gambled and ordered a black 5 door based on the Saturn web site and a bit of photoshop work.

Most manufacturers build cars in color runs. They will build bodies in one or two colors for a week or two and then shut the paint line down and switch to another set. I know Honda does this in the Marysville, OH plant. Perhaps the black (and some other colors) run was/were not done before all of the press release and marketing publications went to print. I'd bet the first production runs were red and silver and that is what went to the media for drives and tests. These colors also show up well for the marketing use.

What's in your garage?

Last edited by Jamis; 01-26-2008 at 12:39 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jamis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jamis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Nice write up, Charlie. Hopefully, the reviewer's confidence merging onto a highway will quell fears that the Astra with a slushbox can't get out of its own way. Astra is a vehicle that begs for a stick, though.

I see that for the Saturn Astra, GM/Opel went the route that Nissan and Honda take for their non-navigation equipped Maximas and Accords. The screen serves as a driver information display.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: 2008 Saturn Astra Road Test Photos

I've got some pictures of a black Astra in the gallery. I just didn't think that they turned out good enough to be front page "worthy." We should start seeing even more colors now that they're for sale at retailers' stores.

Enjoy,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

black Astra = hot

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Jamis
Jamis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
We should start seeing even more colors now that they're for sale at retailers' stores.
The local dealer has at least one of every color, except black. They've sold and delivered a white 3 door and a sand 5 door. Everything else on the lot is blue, red, or silver; two of each color.

What's in your garage?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jamis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jamis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Our retailer had a black 3-door and WOW it was sharp.

SixFlagsForum.com
VeggieBoards.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote