SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
ksl
ksl is on a distinguished road

Default Current Owners....

How do you feel overall with your Outlook purchase?
Mine is scheduled to arrive next week and am getting a little nervous reading some of the problems you are experiencing.
Thanks for you input!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ksl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ksl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ksl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Current Owners....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl View Post
How do you feel overall with your Outlook purchase?
Mine is scheduled to arrive next week and am getting a little nervous reading some of the problems you are experiencing.
Thanks for you input!!
Problems? What problems?

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
farmasis
farmasis is on a distinguished road

I am very satisfied.

Had one recall, it was for the front airbag sensor.

I have a problem with the outside air temp gauge reading way too high, about 12-20 degrees.

I love my Outlook.

BTW, I calculated my MPG today at 18.6.

My wife uses it to pick up my daughter at school everyday and has to sit in a line. I don't know how much gas is wasted at idle like that. The first tank we got well over 20MPG.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to farmasis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help farmasis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
farmasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
N9GUX
N9GUX is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Etremely satisfied here...Only problem has been the recall for the air bags but I had that handled during an oil check so no major issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to N9GUX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help N9GUX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
N9GUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
grambo
grambo is on a distinguished road

Wish we could afford two. The only insurmountable problem we've experienced so far is my wife and I battling over who is going to drive it.

We had a power driver seat failure within first 1,000 miles, but it was addressed quickly and completely repaired. A great dealer is as important as a great car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to grambo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help grambo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
grambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
ksl
ksl is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better. I just was reading about engine lag, temp gages, airbags.... I know they can all be fixed but didnt want to spend all my time going in and having things adjusted.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ksl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ksl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
farmasis
farmasis is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with the engine lag. I drive it like a kid carrier. The engine lag only happens when you are crusing and goose it, and when you drive non-agressively it will downshift seemingly too soon and kinda bottom out on acceleration.

Is this what others experience?

Both is corrected by giving it gas, and waiting about a second or less. I do not feel in danger. If the software fix causes me to loose MPG, I will probably not have that upgraded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to farmasis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help farmasis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
farmasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
FalconXR
FalconXR is on a distinguished road

I absolutely love mine, I calculated around 21 mpg on my trip to 1000 mile round trip to DC. That was traveling between 75-85 mph, going thru bumper to bumber traffic in the magor cities, and the back road low speed traffic.

I don't see the air-bag sensor recall as a problem, they are fixing it fairly quickly and without an act of congress. I like the fact that they are listening to customer issue and trying to address them. Other manufacturers would have you either pay for the fix or wait for fatal accidents and have the NHTSA force them to recall.

Outlook XR AWD
Charcoal Gray
Black Leather w/ 2nd row Captain chairs
Loaded w/ everything but DVD and Nav

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FalconXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FalconXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FalconXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl View Post
Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better. I just was reading about engine lag, temp gages, airbags.... I know they can all be fixed but didnt want to spend all my time going in and having things adjusted.
Depending on when your car was built, you might not have the tranny lag. The airbag sensor thing is an easy fix. Most of us had the tranny lag (a software not hardware adjustment) and the airbag recall done at the same time.

You'll have to ask them to adjust the tranny lag, but they'll likely fix the airbag thing before you take delivery.

As far as the temp gauge does, most of us have not had that problem. I haven't. My temp gauge works perfectly. A very tiny group of people have had it. It's not a mass recall issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
grambo
grambo is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify, I don't think its an issue of a temp GAUGE (that shows engine temp) that people have been referring to, rather an outside temp SENSOR that helps control the auto HVAC, heated seats on remote start, etc..

I've had this happen 2-3 times in a 1 1/2 months. The problem is that the outside temp (indicated on the DIC) has read - for example - 75 degrees when in reality it is closer 30 degrees. The auto HVAC tries to run the AC. Switching to manual mode makes the problem manageable.

I'm planning on tracking it and having it addressed at my next scheduled service - unless it becomes more frequent and bothersome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to grambo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help grambo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
grambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
morpheus2969
morpheus2969 is on a distinguished road

I would caution, in general, any individuals using this or any forum to determine whether they want to buy a vehicle. Owners use forums like this when they are looking for answers and rarely do we get on just to say how much they love the vehicle - its kinda of implied. With that said, I don't believe there have been enough vehicle issues raised to scare you or anyone off from this vehicle. It is an awesome machine! I just read that Consumer Reports has the Toyota Highlander listed as best in class for the mid-size SUV category and the Honda Pilot as best in class for the 3rd row SUV category. I'm curious to know the criteria used to make these proclaimants. It certainly couldn't be based on eye-catching style and driving performance.

BUY MORE OUTLOOKS!!!

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to morpheus2969's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
morpheus2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #12
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmasis View Post
I have no problem with the engine lag. I drive it like a kid carrier. The engine lag only happens when you are crusing and goose it, and when you drive non-agressively it will downshift seemingly too soon and kinda bottom out on acceleration.

Is this what others experience?....

The engine lag is not too much of a problem for me when driving myself, however on my way to and from work the freeway I take is mildly hilly and when driving with cruise control on the engine lag creates some moments of undesireable rapid acceleration when transitioning from level (or downhill) to uphill. The acceleration hits that momentary lag point when compensating for the change in grade/speed then kicks in with a burst of speed to get back to set point on the cruise control. It really is at its worst when it happens on a section of road that is both uphill and curving at the same time.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grambo View Post
Just to clarify, I don't think its an issue of a temp GAUGE (that shows engine temp) that people have been referring to, rather an outside temp SENSOR that helps control the auto HVAC, heated seats on remote start, etc..

I've had this happen 2-3 times in a 1 1/2 months. The problem is that the outside temp (indicated on the DIC) has read - for example - 75 degrees when in reality it is closer 30 degrees. The auto HVAC tries to run the AC. Switching to manual mode makes the problem manageable.

I'm planning on tracking it and having it addressed at my next scheduled service - unless it becomes more frequent and bothersome.
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't noticed because I live in a cold weather climate (it's 20 degrees today). I hope I don't have that problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #14
Outlook IL
Outlook IL is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE

Well said Morpheous

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlook IL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlook IL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlook IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #15
mjl
mjl is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I seem to be having a lot of problems with my Outlook and frankly, I'm ready to return it.

Having the same temperature gauge problem as a lot of you; it's been in for service 2-3 times in the 4 weeks I've had it and they say it's working fine I had an issue with the rear hatch opening by itself repeatedly; they fixed that. It pulls to the right; service dept. said they did all kinds of stuff and it is now fine--it's not.

SPeaking of the service department, they returned my brand new car to me in horrible condition--front seat BLACK with dirt, dirty black fingerprints on the driver's side visor, chip out of the leather on steering wheel, etc., etc.

In addition to all of the above, the max mileage I've gotten is 15.5. I was really happy with the Outlook when I first got it but not so much anymore. It's been in service more than it's been with me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mjl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mjl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #16
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl View Post
I seem to be having a lot of problems with my Outlook and frankly, I'm ready to return it.... (etc.)
Wow, that is a terrible ordeal you've been through! You must be furious! I would flip out if a service department returned a new vehicle all filthy, not to mention the hassle of having to return it for service again and again. You don't indicate what state you live in, so I only hope its not a dealer near me!

Too much money spent for a load of lemon!

Let us know how this issue gets resolved.

Hopefully your state has lemon laws, or your dealer will do what it takes to make things right.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #17
Outlook IL
Outlook IL is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE

Say it isn't so.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlook IL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlook IL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlook IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #18
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl View Post
I seem to be having a lot of problems with my Outlook and frankly, I'm ready to return it.

Having the same temperature gauge problem as a lot of you; it's been in for service 2-3 times in the 4 weeks I've had it and they say it's working fine I had an issue with the rear hatch opening by itself repeatedly; they fixed that. It pulls to the right; service dept. said they did all kinds of stuff and it is now fine--it's not.

SPeaking of the service department, they returned my brand new car to me in horrible condition--front seat BLACK with dirt, dirty black fingerprints on the driver's side visor, chip out of the leather on steering wheel, etc., etc.

In addition to all of the above, the max mileage I've gotten is 15.5. I was really happy with the Outlook when I first got it but not so much anymore. It's been in service more than it's been with me.

mjl, I would not have accepted the car back from any dealer in that condition. Did you speak to the service manager? If not, I would still do so. It's sad to hear about such a bad experience, especially when so many Saturn owners are proud owners because of the "Saturn Experience". If you did speak to the service manager and he did not satisfy you and "make things right", speak to the General Manager or the Sales Manager. I'm pretty sure they will help you. If, in the remote chance they don't call the Saturn Assistance Center. Good luck with this. I hope it works out for you as this is truly a great car.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #19
mjl
mjl is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Hey all. My husband and I are going to talk to the GM at the dealership in a few minutes. Let's hope they help us out! They have been in touch with the vehicle exchange program so hopefully I can get rid of this supposed "lemon" and get a good Outlook! We have not spoken to the service manager but I will mention it today.

Gwenzilla, we live in Texas and the lemon laws are sort of strict here; at least stricter than they were in CA, where we used to live.

MrBiz, I agree, the Outlook is a great car and I was just in love with it at first. I was really disappointed when we started having all these problems.

I will update y'all when I get back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mjl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mjl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #20
Blip
Blip is on a distinguished road

mjl--hope it works out for you with an exchange.

We really like our Outlook, (even the temp guage seems to be working correctly in ours).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote